Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 6 3-gun, 2008

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was wondering if stages and or round counts would be posted before the match? also do we need a confirmation of some kind besides the cancelled check??????????? any help would be great....

Sorry, work got in the way of my play time for this match. :roflol: We are putting the finishing touches on the stages and they will be posted soon. No other confirmation is needed besides your cancelled check! We will probably put the squad list out on USPSA in the Self Squadding area so that everyone can see it. :ph34r:

Just got off the phone with Cindy. I'm thinking that for the side match we may try something different for the AR22's......like double tappin' poppers as a speed shoot, and if that don't work, we'll work up something else. Normally, we bring our steel with, but as we are flying down this time......that won't be an option. We'll be providing the rifle and the ammo for this side match. As a rule of thumb, Nordic does not charge for the side match, but there may be a donation this time (for the guys and gals that really want to compete) with the proceeds going to the Juniors program or something like that....it will be up to the match directors for sure. But everyone that shoots the side match will be eligible (by random drawing) for a scope provided by Burris, an AR22 stock and possibly more!! Nothing set in stone of course...until OK'd by the MD :)

FYI....the side match is being co-sponsored by Nordic Components and Burris Optics.

Should be a good time had by everyone!!

was wondering if stages and or round counts would be posted before the match? also do we need a confirmation of some kind besides the cancelled check??????????? any help would be great....

Sorry, work got in the way of my play time for this match. :roflol: We are putting the finishing touches on the stages and they will be posted soon. No other confirmation is needed besides your cancelled check! We will probably put the squad list out on USPSA in the Self Squadding area so that everyone can see it. :ph34r:

thanks.. didnt mean to get to excited but ... looking forward to the match will keep watching for the stages.. thanks again

Just got off the phone with Larry Turner going over the stages he sent me via email. He has come up with a great match(as usual). You will not be disappointed. This is a 3 gun tournament not multigun.

There are 3 pistol,4 rifle and 4 shotgun stages and chrono. Of the pistol....one of them is a classifier(close quarter standards) and of the rifle.....one of them is a standards(15/30 yards standing/kneeling).

There will be a stage on the 300 yard bay. Possibly with Larue targets if they can be borrowed. If not.....MGM flashers and poppers.

Minimum round count will be as follows:

Pistol: 85 rounds

Shotgun: 73 rounds(8 slugs,65 birdshot) The slug stage starts shotgun empty :devil:

Rifle: 104 rounds

Total match points available will be 1455.

These should be up on the A6 website very soon.

This is going to be a good match and I personally know Cindy has been hard at the sponsor letters for a good prize table turnout.

For those of you who have not signed up.....get those apps in and hope to see you all there.

As Tod says, we will have those stages up very soon. We have a great match planned and Tim Ubl of Nordic Components has been working behind the scenes on the sponsors too! Tim has a great side match planned with the help of Burris Optics that will be a lot of fun and have some great prizes too. Money raised from the side match will go toward the USPSA Junior program, so make sure you go by and shoot it. We have a number of sponsors signed on for the match in addition to our match sponsor, Nordic Components, We have Nordic Components, Burris, DPMS, Sabre Defence, STI, Uniquetek, CPWSA, SUREFIRE, Safariland, CheaperThanDirt.com, GLOCK, LaRue Tactical, Mike Gibson Manufacturing, Roze Dist., Rugged Gear, Starline, Trijicon, Shooters Connection, Saw Custom, BarSto, & Atlanta Arms & Ammo. I have plenty of room for more sponsors, so if anyone else would like to help with sponsoring the match, just email me at cgnoyes@bellsouth.net. I could use a sponsor willing to donate some clay targets :rolleyes:

I have adopted the Conyers LaQuinta as our match hotel. If you want to stay in Conyers, just go to 'www.lq.com' and use the code 'GLOCK' to get the discount. For any of you coming up from Florida, you might want to stay in McDonough where you will find the usual hotel chains. Our Area Director stays at the 'Best Inn' in McDonough and it is very inexpensive there...

Hope to see ya'll at the match!

Cindy :cheers:

Nice job Larry, Cindy and Rob.......good balance of running, shooting, loading (maybe not in that order on any particular stage).

Looking forward to this one!!

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

Looks like a great shoot shaping up, after the huge discussion on how to distribute prizes that has been raging on the forum, how are all the generous donations from these great sponsors going to be distributed at this match?

Not sure how the main match is going to distribute prizes, but everyone that does the side match will be in on a drawing for about $900 worth of prizes. Including an AR22 stock, Burris Scope, Comps and a yet to come out on the market nifty thing that EVERYONE will want to have.

Ya know....the side match is more of a "hey, try out this new thing" that we are promoting and not so much of a competition thing. Although, I know for a fact that some people will spend alot of time there trying to best their buddies score. We'll have 5000 rounds of 22 ammo to shoot up.

I spoke tonight with Tim Ubl from Nordic Components and they have stepped up to support this match in a large way. They will have new stuff and plenty of the older stuff available. Tim told me that they had discovered some flaws in the first shotgun mag extensions they released and if you show up with one of the older ones they will gladly replace it for you. Of course you have to be present to derive this benefit so get those entries in the mail or you will miss all of this and the genius of course designer Larry Turner.

Thinking about participating in this. Is there a junior class?

Junior like any other category requires a certain amount of participation but judging from the company you appear to be keeping in the photo, looks like you can shoot with the big boys! :)

Hello everyone, I am headed for the airport again, but just to let you know, WE ARE WAIVING THE LATE ENTRY FEE. ANYONE THAT WANTS TO SHOOT SHOULD ONLY PAY THE REGULAR FEE AND WE WILL REFUND THE EXTRA IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SENT IN YOUR ENTRY! We want to have as many of you there as possible and I have plenty of slots left. I will also order a few extra match T-Shirts, so send in your entry today!

As for the prize table, I am trying to decide between a complete order of finish table, or a table that gives MW and first in each class and then the rest is random draw. I have not read the other thread, but will try to get out there this weekend and read it.

Hope to see you there!

Cindy

Thinking about participating in this. Is there a junior class?

Junior like any other category requires a certain amount of participation but judging from the company you appear to be keeping in the photo, looks like you can shoot with the big boys! :)

Thanks for the nice comments; that was an opportunity of a lifetime... :bow:

I just sent in my application. Hope to see everyone there!

Blake

Guess no response on how the distribution of prizes will be handled for competitors and RO's, perhaps this is the reason there is still plenty of slots available, folks want to know what they are paying for before they get to a match so they can make informed decisions, another item it seems the large wildcard matches have learned that USPSA is still struggleing with

People for the most part are paying to enter a match to shoot the stages and compete with their friends in an activity that we all like, with no expectation ahead of time of getting something valuable at the end. Some of the best matches I've ever seen were trophy-only bragging rights events. But I'll pass your question on to the MD.

Guess no response on how the distribution of prizes will be handled for competitors and RO's, perhaps this is the reason there is still plenty of slots available, folks want to know what they are paying for before they get to a match so they can make informed decisions, another item it seems the large wildcard matches have learned that USPSA is still struggleing with

Come for the stages, the venue, the fellowship and the shooting. Prizes will be a nice addition but having run a match yourself, you know it is hard to promise what you are going to do until you have the enttries and prizes in hand. More shooters mean more prizes and a smaller match means less. In other words, have faith and come and join us since the last time I drove it, a tank of gas would get you from Huntsville to Conyers and back with a good deal left over.

USPSA is not "still struggling" with 3 gun matches. Prize distribution at every match is left to the discretion of the match itself.

Are there going to be any Target Vendors at the match? If so, who might they be, as I need targets for the local club and would rather pick them up there than pay for the shipping cost.

Regards,

Jack