Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Grip Plug

wgnoyes

Skeeters was weighing guns? Really? I didn't know that!

Only Production division guns from what I could see.

They were just putting the figures on a piece of paper in a column. No reference to the competitor each gun belonged to.

The point is that you cannot exceed a production wait more than 2 oz. Appendix D-18. They probably could use the data and figure out if you put a tungsten guide rod. But since you all were within the norm, they did not say anything. That's just what I think had happened.

I have to disagree. They would have needed a long list to tell them just exactly what the stock weight of each make and model of firearm was, in order to determine if any being weighed was more than 2 ounces over. There wasn't one.

They were just putting the figures on a piece of paper in a column. No reference to the competitor each gun belonged to.

The point is that you cannot exceed a production wait more than 2 oz. Appendix D-18. They probably could use the data and figure out if you put a tungsten guide rod. But since you all were within the norm, they did not say anything. That's just what I think had happened.

I have to disagree. They would have needed a long list to tell them just exactly what the stock weight of each make and model of firearm was, in order to determine if any being weighed was more than 2 ounces over. There wasn't one.

I agree with Mark. I believe they were just collecting data.

Sorry Mark, I've seen them comparing collected data with the list they had on the left side of the table. They actually had the list. Believe it, or not.

Sorry Mark, I've seen them comparing collected data with the list they had on the left side of the table. They actually had the list. Believe it, or not.

If you say it was there. . . . . .I believe you.

• 2 weeks later...

Skeeters and I worked chrono at A6, and yes, we were weighing Production guns (Production only). The only data we took was manufacturer, model, caliber, and weight. What 'was' surprising was how much variance there was between same manufacturer and model. If I remember correctly, in several cases it was more than a two ounce difference, which tells me that some of the guns were definately over the 2 oz. maximum limit... <_<

Sorry for the thread highjack. Back to your regularly scheduled program... ;)

I bought a grip plug for my G35, they aren't legal in Production in IPSC, and the thing has popped out twice during a match.

It's coming out and that's it.

Right, but that G35 isn't IPSC PD legal either...... :mellow:

I bought a grip plug for my G35, they aren't legal in Production in IPSC, and the thing has popped out twice during a match.

It's coming out and that's it.

Right, but that G35 isn't IPSC PD legal either...... :mellow:

I know, I shoot standard with it. :cheers:

Use my G17 for Production.

Edited by RePete