Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seeing a Junior Clobber the "Experienced" Competion

XD Niner

We shot the monthly SEPSA match in Fernandina Beach on Saturday. When I checked the results later that night, Lo and Behold! - Junior shooter Francisco Colon won the Limited Division over 17 other competitors! :sight: If you haven’t met Francisco, he is one of Nemo’s sons so he is already functioning under a huge handicap. :roflol: In addition, he was multitasking with a fishing pole during the wait delay for one of the longer stages. Despite all that and having the prettiest gun at the match to boot, he crushed those who are supposedly older, wiser and more experience than he. It is a lot of fun to watch a well mannered Junior like Francisco develop both as a shooter and a young man. :cheers:

I had thought about putting this under the “What I Hate” sub-forum since old guys like me hate kids that can run like a streak of lightning and don’t have knees that sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies when they do so but I am feeling kind today. Thank God he isn’t shooting Open (yet). :rolleyes:

Thanks Kent! I just logged in to post a "What I like" on the same subject: Fran's first ever local match victory! :D I just can't describe with words the satisfaction and pride I feel. :wub:

I hope all dads here in the forum had a great Father's Day, as I did enjoying my little boy's match win!

TO MY SON, FRANCISCO :bow: and :cheers:

You and the Cisco Kid are more than welcome Nemo. I was going to mention that you won the L-10 Division as well but since you were complaining at the start of the match that your butt wouldn't fit through the door anymore I didn't want to exacerbate the situation by having your head be a problem too. :devil:

... and what's the story behind the 'fishing pole' about ??? :huh:

There is a small pond on the range. We had a half hour wait to get on the third stage that we shot (Match Stage 1) because it was a field course and we were coming off the classifier. During the lull and while dad was wasting time shooting the breeze, hard working Francisco took out his pole to try to catch some bass for dinner. Unfortunately, all he had were Mikes in that quest.

Edited by XD Niner

You and the Cisco Kid are more than welcome Nemo. I was going to mention that you won the L-10 Division as well but since you were complaining at the start of the match that your butt wouldn't fit through the door anymore I didn't want to exacerbate the situation by having your head be a problem too. :devil:

Gotta love good friends... <_<

:roflol:

Chris, there is a pond with fish on the property of the new SEPSA range. Fran has been waiting for this match just so he could bring his new Shimano casting rig to try to catch a LMB, he'd used spinning reels until recently. So he spent every minute of the wait between stages casting a little spinnerbait into the water. Pretty funny looks, fishing while wearing his limited rig. Now imagine what he could accomplish if he would pay attention to the shooting!

:rolleyes:

ETA that XD9er beat me to the fishing story...

Edited by Nemo

Nice to see Juniors joining the ranks - no matter how they end up in the results. But it should come as no surprise that they have a natural advantage over us "old timers" as far as eye sight, reaction time and fitness. Time may come when the top ranks are dominated by shooters in their late teens through their late twenties (though course design might play a big part here).