Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag release issue with video

PINMAN44

Hey guys.

I have an issue with my mag change. I recently had to take off my extended release because my mags would fall out when I would draw my gun. The release may be broken not sure though. It may need a new spring or something. Breathing on it could drop the mag. My dad helped me put the factory release in which eliminates the problem with my draws and dropping mags. Unfortunately I have short thumbs and with this release I must break my grip and sight picture which I hate doing, it slows my mag changes down and makes them sloppier because of the position of the magwell due to breaking my grip. I was wondering what I should do. Should I put a new spring in the old release? Should I say screw it and work on the changes with the stock button? Or should I get a new stronger release? I don't have this problem with guns with small grips, but My 2011 makes it difficult due to the large grips.

Sorry if the vids are dark, my mom and I are amateur cinematographers. They may take a few runs to load up, let me know what may be best.

Thank you for all your help!

Robby O.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=36133954

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=36133757

Hey Robby!

I had the same problem with my glock paddle at the last Left-outa-rio match. The quick fix for us: saw it off, make it just a regular extended. We eventually just switched back to stock. For me, if I was having another problem like that, I would just switch back to the stock button. I would practice like hell to just get it right and break my grip. Thats how I started, and thats how I do it now. I use a stock button (HC'd) on my STI right now, and it works fine. I have never been able to maintain a regular grip and sight picture while executing the mag-change.

IMHO just get used to breaking the grip, and practice soo much that it becomes just as fast/smooth as yours is now. To me, reliability is a high priority, and the stock STI magbutton seems to work every time.

That's what I think, but I could be full to my eyes with crap though. :)

-Nick

Thanks brother, I'm thinking of sticking with the stock release right now because my main game is Steel Challenge. NO MAG CHANGE REQUIRED!!! YAY! I'm just wondering if it's bad to switch back to a big button if I goto a match where mag changes are required. The mag changes work, but they are uncomfortable. Thats why I love small frame guns like the glocks and guns that have releases like HK.

I appreciate your help.

Robby

hey robby

it doesnt look like you're having any trouble with the mag changes

i tried a paddle once only once

after i dropped the mag on the draw i never put one on again

i like to think it's more about being proficient with what you have instead of trying to compensate with new toys and gadgets

thats not to say some of these things don't work ,personally i like to keep it simple

i think you'r mag changes are fast enough just practice without it and keep shooting :D

When I bought the extended magazine release for my single stack, I also bought 4 springs of different weight. I started with the lightest one, and had the magazine falling out when I bumped the button. I just kept increasing the spring strenght until my problems went away...