Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many guns do you have?

Catfish

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have multiples of the same ones. Upstairs, downstairs, in the car, shop etc. As long as they are not all together at the same time and place no issue.

My brother knows a guy with over 7,000 guns and deep into the 7 figures for ammo. He kept asking my brother to attend some "meetings".

So it might be possible to have too many.

I have multiples of the same ones. Upstairs, downstairs, in the car, shop etc. As long as they are not all together at the same time and place no issue.

My brother knows a guy with over 7,000 guns and deep into the 7 figures for ammo. He kept asking my brother to attend some "meetings".

So it might be possible to have too many.

I would not have contact with him, e-mail, phone, Carrier pigeon, and remove all Ron Paul/bob Barr bumper stickers,

Defense Article one: I replied to this post in jest and not only do not know this guy, have no real knowledge whether he was joking or not, now can I see my family?

if you know how many guns you have off the top of your head then you dont have enough guns...

True. I don't have nearly enough.

When I moved to California, a coworker out of the blue says, "You're from Texas? I bet you have a bunch of guns, huh?"

My reply was, "I don't know. How many is a bunch? Out here, it may be considered a bunch. Where I'm from, my collection seems kind of small."

IIRC Nationally 50% of households own guns and the average number of guns per household is 2. Here in Montana 92% of households have guns and the average number of guns per household is -this is not a typo- 28. I am sorry to say I have a ways to go to just be average.

You gotta love a state where the liberals have as many guns as the conservatives and the girls have as many guns as the boys. Gives you hope for the world.

IIRC Nationally 50% of households own guns and the average number of guns per household is 2. Here in Montana 92% of households have guns and the average number of guns per household is -this is not a typo- 28. I am sorry to say I have a ways to go to just be average.

You gotta love a state where the liberals have as many guns as the conservatives and the girls have as many guns as the boys. Gives you hope for the world.

In my perfect world the percentages are 100% and nobody cares about how many or what kind unless you are a felon. We all have to dream. Montana, and a few other places in the USA, seems real close to perfect. :)

Out here in CA they have that one-gun-a-month law......I'm trying to keep up but its getting expensive and the wfe is getting pissed.

C&R + COE is the way to go. Nullifies the restriction on one gun / month even for non-C&R guns ;)

Convincing the wife might be harder...

Edited by gose

• 3 months later...

An interesting commercial came on the other day about each of the type of drugs that were prescribed to the kids responsible for a number of the "gun" related shooting sprees.

A more appropriate response to the reporter might have been "How many drugs has the doctor prescribed to you?"

I am reluctant to specifiy how many or what kind of and never give my address to strangers. When I buy a new one I don't tell the wife. If she notices something different I just say I traded for it or I won it.

I got stopped coming back from a practice session at the range. I handed the officer my license and my CHL, he asked me if I had a gun I said "9", he said ok you can go now. I was driving a car I bought for one of my daughters, the plate had 16 warrants out on it, got her new plates before I gave he the car.

• 2 weeks later...
Today I was interviewed by a lovely young lady who was interested in what my shooting club (Dallas Action Pistol Shooters, or DAPS) does.

We were having a great discussion about IDPA and USPSA, and what fun sports they are, and what kind of guns people can use in both sports. I had a Ruger SR9 on the table and an STI Lawman (1911) for her to look at and learn from.

She then asked me, "so, how many guns do you have?" I looked at her kinda cross eyed and asked, "is the mike still on?"

She said "oh yeah, I know some of ya'll are reluctant to let the government know how many guns you have."

My response was "screw the government, I'm more worried about my wife knowing how many guns I have!!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :roflol: