Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many guns do you have?

Catfish

Heh. Here's a pic of my Expedition, loaded (floor-to-ceiling, from the liftgate to the back of the front seats) for a simple "3-gun" weekend with a friend. I think when we were done we counted 16 guns, something upwards of 5k rounds of ammo, and that didn't include the primers and powder we ended up dragging back from the vendor tent.

Good thing you didn't get rear-ended - they'd still be looking for the second vehicle... :cheers:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I was interviewed by a lovely young lady who was interested in what my shooting club (Dallas Action Pistol Shooters, or DAPS) does.

We were having a great discussion about IDPA and USPSA, and what fun sports they are, and what kind of guns people can use in both sports. I had a Ruger SR9 on the table and an STI Lawman (1911) for her to look at and learn from.

She then asked me, "so, how many guns do you have?" I looked at her kinda cross eyed and asked, "is the mike still on?"

She said "oh yeah, I know some of ya'll are reluctant to let the government know how many guns you have."

My response was "screw the government, I'm more worried about my wife knowing how many guns I have!!"

:bow::bow::cheers:

• 4 weeks later...
I only have one - a Marlin .22lr rifle.

If it worries Obama a lot, I will be happy to turn it in to the future totalitarian government. Come get it :ph34r:

I lost all of mine in an unfortunate boating accident :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
My answer: "I don't know"

Questioner: "What do you mean you don't know how many guns you own?"

My reply: "Well, do you know exactly how many shirts you own?" (substitute shoes if the person asking is female)

Questioner: "Are you serious?"

Me: "Yup".

I think I am about ready to get married now.

I went to a gun show the morning of my wedding 13 years ago. Things have been good since.

I carried a gun at my wedding. :ph34r:

How many? Enough to make dems and libs nervous, ask Merlin.

The one thing I have going for me is that she doesn't know one from the other. She rarely even wonders where they came from. I guess that is the lovely state of denial in my marriage. Don't ask about the guns, I won't ask about the shoes! :closedeyes:

We musta married sisters!!!

I once worked with a guy who's estranged wife and her boyfriend was shot with a 45. Naturally the Police wanted to speak with his co-workers. While we were waiting to be interviewed one of my other buddies asked me what I was going to say if the Police asked if I owned a 45. I told him that I would simply answer.......

No, I do not own "A" 45. :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

I own enough to get Birthday and Christmas cards from my local Gun shop....and after taking my sisters, brother and Mom (Liberal Democrats) to the range...my friends at that "tool" store know them all very well! Except for my Mom. She fell in love with my Mossberg Mariner 12 guage with dual pistol grips...I mounted a blinding LED light on it and gave it to her last Mothers Day...she is 75 and handles it like a pro now! And now 3 out of the 4 are Republicans...I somehow failed my one sister....where did I go wrong???

I own enough to get Birthday and Christmas cards from my local Gun shop....and after taking my sisters, brother and Mom (Liberal Democrats) to the range...my friends at that "tool" store know them all very well! Except for my Mom. She fell in love with my Mossberg Mariner 12 gauge with dual pistol grips...I mounted a blinding LED light on it and gave it to her last Mothers Day...she is 75 and handles it like a pro now! And now 3 out of the 4 are Republicans...I somehow failed my one sister....where did I go wrong???

• 3 months later...
When someone asks how many guns I have, I give a stock non-answer,

Same here: "more than one". It is a true answer :roflol:

it looked like I was moving out, not going to the range. Two handguns, two rifles, two shotguns

Heh. Here's a pic of my Expedition, loaded (floor-to-ceiling, from the liftgate to the back of the front seats) for a simple "3-gun" weekend with a friend. I think when we were done we counted 16 guns, something upwards of 5k rounds of ammo, and that didn't include the primers and powder we ended up dragging back from the vendor tent.

post-177-1213279845.jpg

:cheers:

B

Why :blink: do you take a Blow-Up doll to the shoot with you?

(bgary)"...I think when we were done we counted 16 guns, something upwards of 5k rounds of ammo, and that didn't include the primers and powder we ended up dragging back from the vendor tent."

That would've made interesting conversation at a traffic stop...... :surprise:

My answer: "I don't know"

Questioner: "What do you mean you don't know how many guns you own?"

My reply: "Well, do you know exactly how many shirts you own?" (substitute shoes if the person asking is female)

Questioner: "Are you serious?"

Me: "Yup".

I think I am about ready to get married now.

I went to a gun show the morning of my wedding 13 years ago. Things have been good since.

I carried a gun at my wedding. :ph34r:

How many? Enough to make dems and libs nervous, ask Merlin.

Carried the same gun at my wedding and the births of my three children.

• 3 weeks later...