Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many guns do you have?

Catfish

When I piled up what I needed for the Chute n Shoot it looked like I was moving out, not going to the range. Two handguns, two rifles, two shotguns, one parachute. Ammuniton, mags, shooting mat, jumpsuit, helmet. Wife looked at the pile and asked, "Is there anything left in the gunsafe?" Before I could come up with a good BS answer she interuppted with, "No! Don't answer that. I don't want to know what you have in there."

Whew. Close one.

When someone asks how many guns I have, I give a stock non-answer, "More than I need, less than what I want."

The shoot and "What", you got a link to this event ??? :surprise:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard dialog on being pulled over in Texas:

"May I see your driver's license and proof of insurance?"

[Hand them over along with your CHL, as required]

"Do you have your handgun with you?"

"Yes."

"Where is it?"

"Which one?"

Standard dialog on being pulled over in Texas:

"May I see your driver's license and proof of insurance?"

[Hand them over along with your CHL, as required]

"Do you have your handgun with you?"

"Yes."

"Where is it?"

"Which one?"

I got pulled over by a DPS trooper recently (the speed limit was too low). Me and SgtSVI had just finished a match in Greenville, then gone to pick up a .223 silencer from a dealer. Needless to say, when we answered the question on guns in the car (6 or 7 that day, I think), he puckered up a little.

The little SOB still wrote me a ticket. <_<

jr

Gun total is somewhere around 150 or so. Ammo total is well over 300k. 40 different types of powder with lots of spare cans stored elsewhere.

I used to be the Base Marksmanship Coordinator for the local ANG unit and would take rifles, pistols and ammo out for matches and practice. For awhile we had combat rifle and pistols teams. The M16 rifles and standard grade M1911A1 pistols could not be issued so I would haul them to practice sessions. I would pick up the weapons using a military vehicle, transfer them to my POV to go to the range. The next day I would bring them back along with expended brass and the unexpended ammo. One day I got pulled over for a random vehicle inspection. So there I was with 20 M16's and .45 pistols and lots of ammo in my civilian truck to explain away. I was not the only unhappy camper that day.

You do realize that if you didn't have to buy guns for your wives you would twice the guns for yourselves. :D

You Poor poor boys :blink:

My wife wants MORE guns :goof:

Lucky Jim

Hey Jim,

I think we married sisters!!!!

Mine would like me to fill the 2nd monster safe and I am happy to please her!

Lucky dogs we are.

Patrick

My favorite answer came from Rob Boudrie:

..."I don''t really know ... do you know how many pairs of socks you own?" when someone asks me how many guns I own. That answer generally draws a "you're serious aren't you?" type of response from anti-gunners who ask.

B)

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

regardless of the number of guns you own, the number we tell people would elicit one of the following responses:

Too Many

or

Too Few

I fall into the "too few" group, but not by choice.

But I am trying to change that.

regardless of the number of guns you own, the number we tell people would elicit one of the following responses:

Too Many

or

Too Few

I fall into the "too few" group, but not by choice.

But I am trying to change that.

The thing is that you can never have too many... :)

My answer to the question usually is something like "Well, the snub nosed Smith I carry and THE OTHER ONE. You remember the other one, don't you?"

Wife: "Which other one"

Nemo: this one and this one and this one and this one and this one and...

B)

My answer to the question usually is something like "Well, the snub nosed Smith I carry and THE OTHER ONE. You remember the other one, don't you?"

Heh. The question here used to be "how long have you had *that* one?" My answer was always "a while".

In my mind (!), either "10 years" or "a half hour", both fall under the umbrella of "a while", don't they? :roflol:

B

My answer: "I don't know"

Questioner: "What do you mean you don't know how many guns you own?"

My reply: "Well, do you know exactly how many shirts you own?" (substitute shoes if the person asking is female)

Questioner: "Are you serious?"

Me: "Yup".

I think I am about ready to get married now.

I went to a gun show the morning of my wedding 13 years ago. Things have been good since.

When I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I said I paid for them . . .

Crap, that reminds me. Back when I had... well, lets just say "fewer" guns, I had it put in my will that I wanted them auctioned off, and the proceeds given to the USPSA junior fund. Now they're... well, worth more than just about any other "investment" I have. May have to re-think that :wacko:

Note to friends - if I meet an untimely demise next week in oregon, look for the USPSA junior coordinator :ph34r:

Edited by bgary

if you know how many guns you have off the top of your head then you dont have enough guns...

+1 ...what he said.

I do know how many safes I have :D

Edited by pmd

I've gotten the infamous question "What's the most you have spent on a gun?" :surprise: . My response was, "uh, recently?"

Edited to add: Gentlemen, this is a set-up question. Any answer is guaranteed to cost you. If you are truely stupid enough to answer this honestly and own an STI or SVI, expect a similar amount to be expended in the future.....

Edited by SA Friday

Note to friends - if I meet an untimely demise next week in oregon, look for the USPSA junior coordinator

Bruce: Better hope the Junior Coordinator doesn't read this. There might be an "accident" during the staff match on Thursday! But I'll help Floyd guard your back...for appropriate quantities of IPA.