Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TF Project

Weimer01

John, You are amazing! :bow: It looks awesome :cheers: I knew you would save my Baby :D Now I just have to learn to Shoot :ph34r:

Thanks to Leo, Josh and of course you who sweated over this potential travesty. Josh said he knew you would be able to salvage it. You did much better than salvage it! I still cannot believe that all of those holes do not lighten it as much as Leo's or Henning's. I believe it is time for a trip to IonBond B) Thanks again for all the hours of work, both thinking, planning and machining :bow:

Guest JoshFlyntz

The Tanfoglio V10!

John you are a true master with the metal. Thanks again for all the work!

Ok, maybe "A" class with the Metal :)

I'll make sure he posts more picks with the whole gun put together this weekend.

"...true master with the metal..."

Jack of "some" trades master of none...lol

• 3 months later...

The TF project finally reaches conclusion! The slide above with some custom chamfering , I removed the checkering on the frame and it was finished and blended by Josh, custom cut hammer, .090 front sight, dog earred rear sight, highly polished barrel, Henning trigger job(2+lb), grips, slide lock pin and firing pin. Many hours of work by John, Josh and Leo. :cheers: Ionbond finish finally managed to adhere totally to the frame! I had four mag tubes done with the DLC black also (kept four back for shooting in my backup while the others were gone). All the mags have Grams internals and Henning pads. (I put the original slide lock pin in for some of the pics.) Thanks to all for their hard work.

post-9465-1222095526_thumb.jpgpost-9465-1222095517_thumb.jpgpost-9465-1222095537_thumb.jpg

post-9465-1222095560_thumb.jpgpost-9465-1222095571_thumb.jpgpost-9465-1222095579_thumb.jpg

post-9465-1222095590_thumb.jpgpost-9465-1222095491_thumb.jpg

Beautiful gun! Did you have a hard time getting it ION Bonded? I really like the look.

Thanks!

Ryan had to do the frame three times. He experienced "gassing" problems in certain areas. I do not know if it is the base casting or the hard chrome finish that causes the "gassing".

Turned out really good, to bad it took this long to get the final product but dang it turned out nice!

Well worth the wait, how's the muzzle rise, etc...have carbide can cut more :devil:

PS - nice detail's on it Josh!

Edited by Weimer01

John,

Everything came together to make a damn nice pistol. Maybe if I can sneak it away from the owner I can try it out for a match and give some feedback :devil:

Turned out really good, to bad it took this long to get the final product but dang it turned out nice!

Well worth the wait, how's the muzzle rise, etc... have carbide can cut more :devil:

John,

Everything came together to make a damn nice pistol. Maybe if I can sneak it away from the owner I can try it out for a match and give some feedback :devil:

Well worth the wait, how's the muzzle rise, etc... have carbide can cut more :devil:

Muzzle rise is not objectionable to me and it returns faster than the stock pistol. It has a little more snap and cycle speed than the stock gun, but a Much higher "Pure Sex" factor. :roflol:

We shot it before coating it to make sure that it did not need any more carbide "whittling", but thanks John. Not as snappy as Josh's pistol from Matt but it works well for me.

Thanks for all the kind words and thanks again to the guys who put in the time and sweat to get it right.

Josh can of course get it for a match, as can John or Leo, but it does have to come back home. B)