Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am spending my time this week working out and tweaking my technique. I have planned out the next few weeks of practice untill Area 3. I am thinking I will be spending every single day from july 5th untill july 20th shooting. It should be good!

I have continued added to my site. The stage breakdown section has a few new things posted, with more to come.

I have continued added to my site. The stage breakdown section has a few new things posted, with more to come.

As someone who is really working on improving their stage breakdowns, this is really helpful... thanks for all the great info you have on your site.

As someone who is really working on improving their stage breakdowns, this is really helpful... thanks for all the great info you have on your site.

Thank you! I just put up 2 more of them! :cheers:

Awesome... I like the slow-mo because it looks more like the speed I shoot. :roflol: I just had a quick question about the part between positions 3 and 4 in See You in Game Seven: I noticed that you pulled the gun in a little as you moved over. Is this because it's faster than keeping the gun out the whole time?

Awesome... I like the slow-mo because it looks more like the speed I shoot. :roflol: I just had a quick question about the part between positions 3 and 4 in See You in Game Seven: I noticed that you pulled the gun in a little as you moved over. Is this because it's faster than keeping the gun out the whole time?

Yes thats right. If I am going 2 steps or so I pull the gun in just a little bit. You can see my head look down because I am looking for the fault line that I wanted to plant right on top of. Once I was sure I was going to be in the right spot, I looked for the target and pushed back out for it.

I hope this helps.

I tried to fix my lemon glock last night. (I got a brand new glock that doesnt run)

I don't plan on shooting it in matches... I am just farting around with it. I will take it out tonight and do some drills with it to see if it wants to run now.

Since you brought up shooting a glock, Have you ever thought of trying a diffferent handgun, or even division for that matter? Just curious why you chose the Beretta Platform. Congrats on the Mn Section win.

I have thought about switching things up, but nothing else really does it for me. I really like production division. Minor scoring and 10 rds is a lot of fun. I am sure I could be very happy shooting a glock, an XD, or a Sig. I have played with all of them and they are all just fine. There isn’t really any advantage to those platforms though.

I initially got a Beretta because I thought it was a cool gun. (this was before I had ever heard of USPSA) I really haven’t been given a reason to switch.

I suck at reloads.

I painted the inside of my frame bright white today, so I have something to aim for. Maybe this will correct the problem?

Careful Ben,

Bad things may follow if all you are thinking is...aim for the white...hit the white... :lol:

I suck at reloads.

I painted the inside of my frame bright white today, so I have something to aim for. Maybe this will correct the problem?

Careful Ben,

Bad things may follow if all you are thinking is...aim for the white...hit the white... :lol:

:roflol:

I will look around for brown paint.

Come on Ben, you don't suck at anything, you are 24 yrs old and you are a GM, you have to be doing something right. When you say "you suck at reloads", I shot with you on a couple of occations and you look pretty good to me, I did see one bad reload on the last stage of the MN Section match, that kinda hurt. Can't wait to see how good you get in the future. Dan :cheers:

Ok the paint on my gun is starting to help my reloads.

I have the next 10 days planned for my training. 4 days of 50 yard standards and 4 days of .22 spped steel. It should be good.

Area 3 is coming up soon, and I feel like time is getting short. The match will be good for me though, as I will have a good idea what to do with my time before nationals.

I suck at reloads.

Careful Ben,

I will look around for brown paint.

Day-glo Ben

I went out for a nice session of 50 yard shooting today. Practice is going very well.

I am shooting standard drills. Not really the super fun or interesting stuff where I feel I make tons of progress, but the tough drills that push me little by little. After a week or so more of this, I will start on scenario practice for area 3.

On the physical side, I started riding my bike to work. It is a 16 mile round trip. I was the kind of kid that took of on his bike at sunup and came home at sundown during the summers, so this is a nice return to that feeling for me. I like saving gas and working out at the same time.

I just got in from a 600Rd session on 6 inch hanging plates set from 10-50 yards.

It was a fairly depressing day of practice, to say the least.

I did my shooting at the police range, and the people that were out there must have thought I was nuts when I was trying to ring steel at 50 yards with my Beretta. :roflol:

I just got back from the Work commute. I am skipping live fire today ( I have shot the last 5 days).

I am not sick of shooting, I just need to take a nap before I see the midnight showing of Batman tonight. I have to be back at work at 7 am tomorrow. It will be worth it though.

I stupidly agreed to run the Holmen USPSA match next month. This wouldnt be so bad except I live 80 miles from the range. That means 160 miles of driving on friday for setup, and then I have to be there early on match day. It will be good to have one last tune up match before area 3 though.

In website news, I posted a video review of Dave Gundry. Check it out.

I am on to dryfire now.

I stupidly agreed to run the Holmen USPSA match next month. This wouldnt be so bad except I live 80 miles from the range. That means 160 miles of driving on friday for setup, and then I have to be there early on match day.

Why not just spend the night? If you can shoot 500 rounds a day, you can afford a cheap motel :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I stupidly agreed to run the Holmen USPSA match next month. This wouldnt be so bad except I live 80 miles from the range. That means 160 miles of driving on friday for setup, and then I have to be there early on match day.

Why not just spend the night? If you can shoot 500 rounds a day, you can afford a cheap motel :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

HAHA.. A lot of times.. that is .22 :ph34r:

I wish I could afford 500rds a day of the good stuff.