Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Keeping Cool

AzShooter

http://industrialsafetygear.com/Merchant2/...CFSQqagodLxSHYg

I finally found something that helps keep me from passing out at the end of matches do to heat. For the first four months this year after each match I had to be taken to the hospital for heat exhaustion, lack of fluids and electrolytes even though I drink a lot of water. I found this link while browsing for Cool Vest. There are a lot of them out there. I bought the vest and a neck collar and both work as advertized.

The vest lasted 5 hours Sunday and although people were joking about my bullet proof vest when I put it on I stayed cool all day.

Today I used just the neck cooler while I was reloading in the garage. It was over 100 degrees in there with only a small fan but I was able to load 600 rounds and the color was still COLD. I had enough ammo for the week so I came back inside.

I hope this helps anyone that suffers in the heat.

Good luck

Looks interesting.

Does your shirt under the vest get wet?

Bill

Surprisingly it does not. It was very comfortable and I'm sure I'll be using it all summer. The Pockets are alot like the blue ice packs but they don't sweat.

Hmm.. Evaporative cooling doesn't do so well in high humidity areas (like, say, TX). I'm guessing you have to go to the more expensive Phase Change vests to get much there.

Maybe i'm slow do you soak the whole vest in water or just the inserts?

Kevin

You don't soak it at all, just put the inserts in the refrigerator for a half an hour or if you want to recharge it put it in your ice chest on top of the ice. No water needed. This way it doesn't sweat all over your.

There are others on the market that you must soak. I like the ones with the inserts better. Today it was only in the high 80s so I just used the neck cooler at the range and it was perfect.

Maybe i'm slow do you soak the whole vest in water or just the inserts?

Kevin

You don't soak it at all, just put the inserts in the refrigerator for a half an hour or if you want to recharge it put it in your ice chest on top of the ice. No water needed. This way it doesn't sweat all over your.

There are others on the market that you must soak. I like the ones with the inserts better. Today it was only in the high 80s so I just used the neck cooler at the range and it was perfect.

Question for AZ please. Which vest/neck collar system do you use? I looked at the first website you had a link to, all I saw was the evaporative type. That won't work where I live(centeral Tx.) in the summer as Shred talked about.

Thanks,

Granderojo

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long to respond. The Neck Colar is from Heat Relief Depot, and works real well

http://www.heatreliefdepot.com/catalog

I also found that for the Cool Vest, instead of buying a second set of ice inserts I used a Freeze Pak from the grocery store that cost $1.99. When the vest expired I put the freez pak in that was in my cooler and it kept me cool and recharged the vest. Helped save $100.

The Freez Pak is called The Alaskan.

Hope this helps all those that suffer from the heat.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. The Neck Colar is from Heat Relief Depot, and works real well

http://www.heatreliefdepot.com/catalog

I also found that for the Cool Vest, instead of buying a second set of ice inserts I used a Freeze Pak from the grocery store that cost $1.99. When the vest expired I put the freez pak in that was in my cooler and it kept me cool and recharged the vest. Helped save $100.

The Freez Pak is called The Alaskan.

Hope this helps all those that suffer from the heat.

The vest is from this site[

http://industrialsafetygear.com/Merchant2/...CFRcaagodYwdOZQ

And is the Phase Change Cooling Vest