Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Big Darn Bears are Cool

DBeck77

This morning at 5:40am while walking my 2 ferocious and terrifying miniature dachshunds I had the joy of seeing one of the biggest Florida black bears I have ever seen, I assume it was male because it was huge (at 30 yards it looked even bigger). When the dogs started their barking another bear (nearly as big as the first) walked across the yard behind the other. I would guess both were at least 350 pounds. They didn't even look at my 2 killer pups, they just proceeded to slowly leave my yard and walk over to eat the neighbor's garbage.

David

Thanks for the pictures. My wife's grandfather used to spend the entire summer in Alaska fishing and never brought us any pictures back. Even with the bears, it looks like it would be a lot of fun

dj

Break out the blaster....have a friend that used to run a trap & skeet club in Alaska...killed a blackie at 30 feet with his 38 Stupid....one shot through the mouth... B)

I keep thinking how angry the bear would be if I shot it with my P3AT, I'm pretty sure that it would only tick it off even more . Luckily our bears aren't as big as the Alaskan bears or as aggressive. The local bears are usually content to eat our garbage and leave people alone. I have watched them lay on their backs in the front yard and play with something in their paws like one of my killer pups playing with a toy. I think they are cool, but I'm damn wary of making sure that I'm close to an escape when they are around. I'm most afraid of cornering one or ticking off one of the she bears with cubs. We had friends release a dog into their back yard without knowing that a bear was occupying it at the time. the bear went through the stockade fence and made a big hole on the way out.

David