Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Egw or Henning slide stopp pin.

olp73

:wacko:

I have not tried this part yet but I will. Anyway, it seems to me that if I install this part the slide will hit the rear of the follower pretty hard (and damage it) on its way forward. This is what happens if I take the slide stop half out and rack the slide. In other words the lack of a slide stop causes the follower to ride higher, but when I look at an empty magazine the follower seems to be in the correct position. When loaded the rounds are where they supposed to be.

The only explanation is that the magazine sits too high in the frame, but the gun works hundred present and I have switched to the “new” mag. release to achieve this. I use to have problems with mis feeds.

Anyone? :mellow:

:wacko:

I have not tried this part yet but I will. Anyway, it seems to me that if I install this part the slide will hit the rear of the follower pretty hard (and damage it) on its way forward. This is what happens if I take the slide stop half out and rack the slide. In other words the lack of a slide stop causes the follower to ride higher, but when I look at an empty magazine the follower seems to be in the correct position. When loaded the rounds are where they supposed to be.

The only explanation is that the magazine sits too high in the frame, but the gun works hundred present and I have switched to the “new” mag. release to achieve this. I use to have problems with mis feeds.

Anyone? :mellow:

It may depend on what followers you are using. I am using Grams followers I bought from Henning. I decided to keep the factory slide stop so I could manually lock the slide open, but didn't want it to lock open on an empty magazine. I spent a lot of time looking at where the slide stop and magazine follower interact. With the grams followers, there was very little contact. The slide stop DID NOT stop the follower from moving fully to the top of the magazine. In fact, the follower did not completely push the slide stop all the way up.

I trimmed about 3/32" (2-3mm?) from the bottom of the slide stop where it was touching the magazine.

Now, my slide does not lock back with an empty magazine, but I can push the slide lock up with my finger.

Hope this helps...