Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta Elite2

mullboy

I've been shooting IPSC production class for a few months and am new to the shooting sports, so sorry for these simple questions. I'm waiting for my permit and have decided to most likely buy the Beretta Elite 2.

Can you recommend:

1) Where to get reasonably priced factory 92 mags. My understanding is that the E2 can use the standard mag.

2) On the Beretta forum, folks recommend the Wilson Tatical Kydex holster. Anybody have any feedback or recommend another holster for this gun?

3) Any recommendations on where to get reasonably prices mag pouches?

Any comments on the E2 are welcomed.

Thanks for any help.

When I shot an E2..I used the bladetech holster and pouches..liked them a lot..seemed like a good combination..you might try ebay or gunbroker..should be lots of surplus around..

Elite II tips:

If you use 10 rounders, leave 'em loaded for a few days before you try 'em, especially with a reduced power recoil spring.

.40 mags work great and hold 14 rds of 9.

The 11 lb recoil spring is a vast improvement over the stock 13. You may be able to use a 10, but will need a very clean gun and cannot use slide glide with a 10. I se the 11 and slide glide.

The beretta will cycle anything (within reason) so play with the loads and chrono.

Uncle Mike's mag pouches are cheap and work great.

The wilson tactial assualt is great, needs to be broken in for speed with a little heat. I put em under a lamp for a few hours.

Get a steel guide rod, it's the way to go.

A band-aid on the middle finger strong hand will help the abrasion from the trigger guard that comes from extended dry-fire and practice sessions.

SA

I like the E2 a lot..I have small hands, short fingers..so the double action first shot is tough for me..I found it very reliable and shot very well when in the single action mode. I played with a steyr m9 and liked that a lot too..it has a short trigger reset and sits very low in the hand.

but I got interested in open division and am having a lot of fun with that now...

I will get back to production..I need to shoot some good classifiers..most likely will end up with a Glock or XD tactical when I do. and then onto revolver too..so I got a lot to do..but it will all need to wait till at least after nationals

I use the Wilson Tactical Assault holster with Fobus mag pouches for production with the EII. For general range use the Asian military surplus mags work pretty good after you clean them up a little. For Production class competition you can only have 10 rounds though, so I bought 6 factory. You'll definitely want a trigger job, and one of the best around is Ernest Langdon, aka LTT. He also sells a stainless guide rod, or Brignoli of Italy has the tungsten rod for about double the price. Dawson makes a nice fiber optic front sight, and Novak or LTT both have various heights of rear sights to suit your needs. The thing will eat almost any ammo flawlessly, Win white box bulk pack at Wal Mart is great for general purpose and will give you about 128-132 PF depending on the chrony and local temperature. YMMV