Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is with deep regret that I announce that we are cancelling the Ohio Sectional. We had a total of 70 shooters commit to the match, but it simply is not enough to make the venue feasible (we needed AT LEAST 100). After talking to the Ohio Sectional Coordinator (my Co-MD), the Statistician, and the Rangemaster, we have concluded that the match would lack the quality that is necessary to have a successful sectional. The compromises that would have had to be made would have left shooters feeling that they had just shot a beefed-up local match (embedded RO's, less set-up time, no shirts, etc...). We did not want there to be this lack of quality and have ourselves associated with a half-hearted attempt at a sectional. We simply needed more shooters to make this thing work, and the economy is apparently dictating otherwise (gas prices, ammo prices, etc).

I urge those of you who wanted to see this sectional happen to start making your plans NOW for next year. You need to secure a range, procure RO's and get the ball rolling if you want to fill the event and make it feasible. I hope that we can see an Ohio Sectional next year, as I have always enjoyed attending them. We tried...that's all I can say. Now for the details. All monies will be sent back to those who paid for slots and/or T-shirts. You should be receiving them in the mail in the next 10 days. Fortunately, no shirts and plaques were ordered yet, so we do not have any real expenditures except for countless man/woman hours and now some postage. If anyone wants to step-up for next year, I have 9 excellent course designs you can have. ;)

It is unfortunate to have to do this, but hopefully it will serve as a wake-up call to everybody who has taken this event for granted all these years. A sectional is something that happens when the ENTIRE section participates and chips in to make it happen. We just had 135 shooters at the Michigan Sectional this past weekend, and it was a most-successful event. It was the result of a lot of hard work, and EVERYBODY in the section chipping-in. Not trying to rub things in...just deliver a message. PLEASE don't be complacent, and get it together, as I hope to see you all next year in Ohio!!! :cheers:

Thanks to everyone who stepped-up to try and make this happen!!!

Jeff LaFave

(now former) Co-MD

Edited by Barrettone

I at least have a local match I can shoot Sunday. Not as much fun as an Area/Section match but better than nothing!

Hey Flex, I'm gonna try to save my Ohio Alpha's for the W. PA match, LOL!!

"So now the question is what other major to shoot that weekend "

You can always come to East Huntington that weekend. Not a major match, but major match quality stages in a monthly match.

Edited by Sestock

Thanks for all the effort in trying to make this happen.

Jeff,

There are shooters that are signed up to shoot the match that do not visit this forum. Since they do not visit the forum, how will they be notified that the match has been canceled? I haven't seen an official cancellation on the Livingston Gun Club site or the USPSA site. I am sure there are some shooters that still believe the match is a go. I surely hope they don't find out the morning of the match that it has been canceled. I have passed the word along but something official for the non forum members would be nice. An email or phone call would work too.

Edited by nwb01

Thanks for all the effort in trying to make this happen.

Jeff,

There are shooters that are signed up to shoot the match that do not visit this forum. Since they do not visit the forum, how will they be notified that the match has been canceled? I haven't seen an official cancellation on the Livingston Gun Club site or the USPSA site. I am sure there are some shooters that still believe the match is a go. I surely hope they don't find out the morning of the match that it has been canceled. I have passed the word along but something official for the non forum members would be nice. An email or phone call would work too.

I sent out a letter with their application and match fee.