Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Area 8 Championship

The MD here likes a variety of courses and enjoys making the shooter think. I don't believe that his course design is geared to a particular division, more to giving the shooter opportunities to have fun and be challenged.

There IS a prize table, there are going to be a number of guns on the table for certain and there's already some serious schwag up for grabs as well.

The range is most certainly small enough to manage on foot, but a little pull cart is an advantage.

Seth

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the Info

You might want to contact Precision Delta they have been good about supporting matches in Texas. Rudy Project, LaRue Tactical, Dillion, Dawson Precision, SureFire and Brazos Custom Guns to name a few. Shooters from Area 8 probably buy products from these companies just like Texans.

Straight order of finish if done from combined final results puts the Open gunner up a few spots and tends to penalize the Limited 10 shooter and Single Stack's. Sunday when they called 3 names the Limited 10 Division winner and I went into the prize table at the same time. I had the worst match of my life was 40th plus in 60 opens but 82 overall in the match of I think 130. If a match is heavly loaded with limited shooters then things can actually swing the other way. At Double Tap I ran open in a stage 1/4 second off a Limited GM's time with the same score, there were 148 limiteds he got 50th on the stage, I got 75th of 106 open shooters. It has to be that darn new math they started back in the 70's.

The Gator in Lousiana has an order of finish prize table but they have a seperate prize table for each Division with the prizes distributed to division based upon number of entries. This kind of takes the advantage away from any one division.

The Double Tap Championship is totally by Random drawing except for division winners.

I will get my entry in next week it may say "un declared for Division". I just sold a limited gun and an open gun and have a new to me Edge Limited gun and a new to me Dawson open gun in the mail coming from Florida. So its going to be a tough choice.

Sounds like it's shaping up to be a great match, and should be doable from Northern NJ.

This will be my first major match (with prize tables, awards, etc.) - assuming all the prizes and awards are given on Sunday evening after all have shot, do the Fri/Sat shooters need to stick around through Sunday, or will prizes/awards be mailed out?

Prize table base on performance/order of finish...

Alan,

Will "performance/order of finish" be broken out into divisions and classes, or will the Open and Limited GMs/Masters be hoarding all the bootie?

Edited by Xfactor

Sounds like it's shaping up to be a great match, and should be doable from Northern NJ.

This will be my first major match (with prize tables, awards, etc.) - assuming all the prizes and awards are given on Sunday evening after all have shot, do the Fri/Sat shooters need to stick around through Sunday, or will prizes/awards be mailed out?

Prize table base on performance/order of finish...

Alan,

Will "performance/order of finish" be broken out into divisions and classes, or will the Open and Limited GMs/Masters be hoarding all the bootie?

Aaron,

I will have an explanation shortly.

Alan

I just posted my entry. I waited too long to shoot on Saturday, but Sunday will be a good day as well.

I joked with my daughter that lives in Stafford that I was bringing a big mexican sombrero and wearing cowboy boots and shorts to the match. This after she and her boyfriend had to do a last miniute hunt for tactial pants to wear to his first match, he is going to be shooting this thing with me, I'm sure they will be out shopping for just the right attire.

Golly Gee it is how you shoot not how you look. Besides that the Sombrero saves money on Sun Screen, I'll have to bring the small one the big one won't fit in the overhead on the plane.

Several of our local shooters way down here in Texas have shot matches there and they just had good things to say about the club and the range, so I'm sure looking forward to it, I even bought a new Edge special for the occasion. I like to shop to.

Know of any good Mexican restraunts in the area?

I just posted my entry. I waited too long to shoot on Saturday, but Sunday will be a good day as well.

I joked with my daughter that lives in Stafford that I was bringing a big mexican sombrero and wearing cowboy boots and shorts to the match. This after she and her boyfriend had to do a last miniute hunt for tactial pants to wear to his first match, he is going to be shooting this thing with me, I'm sure they will be out shopping for just the right attire.

Golly Gee it is how you shoot not how you look. Besides that the Sombrero saves money on Sun Screen, I'll have to bring the small one the big one won't fit in the overhead on the plane.

Several of our local shooters way down here in Texas have shot matches there and they just had good things to say about the club and the range, so I'm sure looking forward to it, I even bought a new Edge special for the occasion. I like to shop to.

Know of any good Mexican restraunts in the area?

Ron,

There is a Pancho Villa restaurant not far from the match hotel. But I gotta tell as a So Cal native, I have yet to find a comparable mexican restaurant in VA. But I do keep on searching.

See you in Aug.

Alan

My Daughter says that Guapos in ShirleyVille is better than Poncho Villa's.

I sure don't have any Idea what the local food is in VA. Most of the time when I go to matches like the Gator in Lousiana you try the local food, its part of the fun in the Match and Trip.

Any Idea when the stages will be posted?

• 2 weeks later...
...assuming all the prizes and awards are given on Sunday evening after all have shot, do the Fri/Sat shooters need to stick around through Sunday, or will prizes/awards be mailed out?

Aaron,

I will have an explanation shortly.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Any update on the above questions?

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody got a slot on sunday that would be willing to trade with a friday slot? I am in the military and just found out I have training through saturday and the earliest I could make it would be sunday. Thanks for your help.

Anybody got a slot on sunday that would be willing to trade with a friday slot? I am in the military and just found out I have training through saturday and the earliest I could make it would be sunday. Thanks for your help.

I have a waiting list for Sunday. Please email me off Forum so that I can add your name to it.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Area 8 Championship Statistician

Me and Maineshooter will be coming down from Maine to shoot Saturday! Pretty pumped about it. Just do not make fun of the pasty white kids ok?

Just out of curiosity, anyone putting together a night out for beers?

Edited by Jay6