Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning on the road again

Hello! Henning's heading overseas for 3 weeks, so I'll (aka Diann) be minding the shop again while he's gone. I'm afraid I won't be able to answer many questions, but I will be here to ship orders. :)

Thanks for covering the store while Henning is off partying in Europe, uh, I mean shooting well in matches. Did he at least leave you some decent beer?

There's NOTHING in the fridge! But at least he cleaned up the shop before he left! :)

Hi Diann

If you get a technical question and Henning's out of contact, feel free to drop me a PM. I'm only a few miles down the road.

Paul

Thanks for the support! I'm only shipping parts though, so I doubt there'll be many questions that can't wait until he returns to the states.

Nothing in the fridge? Did he throw out all the condiments? I know there are empty growlers...

leo

I should find a forum to talk about what famous people have in their fridge ;) Yeah, there are condiments, but I was trying to minimize my conversation 'bout non-gun stuff, ya know, keep it kinda professional, since I dunno much 'bout the conversations that go on in here. :)

The empty growlers made it from the fridge to the back of his car a couple of weeks ago. Then I took them out Sun. night while helping Henning pack! Now they're sitting on the living room floor. Since I have 1 more week of vacation before my summer class, maybe I'll fill one. :)

Hi Nurse Betty,

I just recieved order #555 but missing some parts? Please check my email to Henning.

Thanks,

Ed

I'll have to check from Henning's house (I'm at my house right now). I didn't write down the web address for the online shopping program yet, so I can check stuff like this from my house. Sorry to keep you wondering!! I'll let you know asap what's up.

Hi Nurse Betty,

I just recieved order #555 but missing some parts? Please check my email to Henning.

Thanks,

Ed

I'm quite certain we shipped your order in full (screwdriver, slide pin, screw, XLFP, 2 13lb springs, 2 extractor springs, 2 10 lb recoil springs). If you're referring to the parts for Arlene (Alex C-More mount, 38 super 170 mm mag & 20 round mag), we shipped those to Aventura, FL. I won't touch Henning's emails. He has a gazillion of them, divided into well over 10 different in-boxes. You can let me know here what's missing, & I'll look into it further. If you'd rather, my email address is diannbrooks@yahoo.com. I hope this helps :)

Hmm... here's a tech question. I was just packing up 2 EAA sear springs, & of the 5 we have, 3 have 5 coils & 2 have 4 coils (if you hold them w/the long, straight end on the right & count the last coil on the left w/the short, straight end pointing up). Does this matter? I'd kinda like to know before I ship them to Australia. Thanks!

I think 5 is the right number.... I can check mine when I get home tonight if there's no rush. Or I could stop by my place on the way to the gym and get you an answer by 4pm....

Let me know.

Paul

Wait until you get home. It's no rush. Thanks!! :)

Mine has 5 coils including the last one with the short end.

I knew I'd be useful for something :D

Thanks for the input! I had spoken to Henning this morning before I went to his house, so I didn't have this question until after I spoke w/him. He's had trouble checking emails on his phone & wants to keep phone use to a minimum.

Mine has 5 coils including the last one with the short end.

I knew I'd be useful for something :D

Actually, I emailed the guy & he said the spring he has now has 4 coils, so I'll just send that & go from there.

Maybe they changed the design, or the wire thickness.

I just briefly spoke to Henning (jet lag's setting in, gun looks ready, & he's shooting Sat. & Sun.) & he thought it might not matter.

Maybe they changed the design, or the wire thickness.

I just briefly spoke to Henning (jet lag's setting in, gun looks ready, & he's shooting Sat. & Sun.) & he thought it might not matter.

Jet lag only means 1 thing then... MORE REDBULL!

leo

Red Bull is not allowed for sale in Norway. Think some kid drank a crack-load with some vodka and died many years ago. So they banned it. I'm doing pretty good on the lag, but 2-3pm everyday is a hump.. I found something called "Battery +" which looks like a duracell battery. A couple of those was nice. Now back on beer and should go to bed shortly. Just have to load my ammo for tomorrows match. It's only 11pm so no rush...

Had a nice practice at the local range today with my bud Steinar. We chrono'd and test-fired some rounds. Actually hit some targets and poppes to see if the old tricks was still working. They sort of are, but will need lots of jedi mind tricks for the match..

Leo: I found that the new magrelease (wilson button) is a little big for me. I keep hitting it and dropping mags. I temp-fixed it by taping up the right side so give more tension. I think it needs to be filed/narrowed or made slightly shallower. It's a pretty big bad boy and I love it for reloads, but its damn easy to hit with my left hand. I was thinking of filing it, but with the beautiful IonBond finish that's on it i couldn't make myself do it. So some good 'ol electrical tape does the trick.

btw. I love the new checkered grips. I'm sporting a green set with my ionbond'ed gun. It feels (and looks) good. Can't wait for the new fiber front sight, flat trigger and magwell. All in the works and we'll hopefully see them in about 3 months. Leo's on the job helping designing magwell while I'm gone. The fiber sight prints are off to the machine shop who's making it for me so maybe something will be available shortly after I'm back.

Life's good. Europe kicks ass. We're shooting in about 8 hours or so. Sunday night Cliff (Walsh from Florida), Frank (Sparby from Norway), Steinar and I will BBQ at Steinar's house, drink beer and either cry or laugh over what we did or didn't do at this weekends match. Should be a good one, 14 stages, 300 rounds. Then Monday morning we're driving down to Czech Republic. We'll get to Prague by Tuesday nite and we'll spend a day there. Then head to the match (Czech Extreme Euro Open) where we'll be shooting for 3 days, 550 rounds, 30 stages. Should be a blast.

So I might be offline a bit until we get settled in at the hotel in Czech. And I have no idea what kind of reception I'll get there. I am answering my cell phone so if you need to chat we me, feel free to call. I'm about 8 hours ahead of Mountain Time and who knows what I'm doing so can't guarantee I'll always pick up. However, you can text me and that'll give me an idea. I can call you back if it's important. + 1 720 352 1080.

;-)