Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fastest reload

brospizza

Something I have done in the past is to get a program like Audacity, and record while playing the part of the video you are interested in. You will see the recording visually, and can usually find where the shots are, assuming the video is relatively noise free. The beep is often really hard to find if you are trying to determine your draw.

You can then select the area between the 2 shot breaks to measure the splits.

Is there anyway to find out the splits from this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu0rcFKPKKM

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently was trying to see where my reloads were... Much to my amazement I finally pulled a sub 2 second reload... with my revolver... most of the time I hover in the 2.25-2.5 range (unless I bobble it, then it's more of a 3-3.5 second reload) so this was a monumental acheivement for me.. I had to look twice that it was 1.93 shot to shot.. dry fire here I come!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't ever really look at my reload times on a stage at a club match. the only example i can give is at our last match we had a stage that was like this.

Starting with hands on top of barricade. Shoot 4 targets left(8rounds), Reload, 4 Targets right(8rounds), Reload and 4 targets front(8rounds). 24rounds total, targets about 5-6 yards off. I shot 18A's, 2B's, 4C's in 8.53. My reloads were flawless but like i said i don't really get a chance to look at my splits or anything.

Was thinking about this thread today at the range. The best shot to shot with a reload was 1.14 with a Glock 34 set-up for Production. It took a few times but I only nailed after I stopped "trying" to go fast. Smooth is fast and that's when I got it. No video tho....so does that mean it never happened?? :ph34r:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...