Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fastest reload

brospizza

Since I only shoot IDPA, I dont practice speed reloads, however I can do slide lock reloads in the 1.7 range at a target 7 yards away with a shot in the zero down. The speed of the reload to the next shot is relative to the distance to the target.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure TT's fastest load was a .61. But that was also in a match if I remember correctly.

Hitting the popper after the load before it falls only requires about a .8 reload. Which really isn't a stretch for anyone who wants it bad enough.

Back in the early '90's I came up with a drill that I still use to train for reloads. I call it "2, 2 in 2". On an open IPSC target at 7 yards from your preferred starting position (relaxed or surrender), draw and shoot 2 A's, reload, and shoot two more A's in 2 seconds or less. If you don't shoot A's, the drill doesn't count.

This drill trains you to ensure that the draw and the shots before AND after the reload are quality, and not just burned into the berm.

Welcome to the forum, Billy.

That sounds like a pretty good drill.

Stood and watched Burkett do 7 or 8 .55s to the A-zone at 10 yards in a row one day... They did not at all look fast... which is probably a clue...

Fastest I've managed in practice, with hits (Alpha-Charlie), is a .79. Fastest in a match (that I'm aware of) was a .95, shooting Can You Count. Typical match reload for me is in the high .90s. I've managed to physically fire a shot, reload, and fire another in .71, but the second shot was a few inches off the target, so... who cares... :lol:

I went out to the range today to make sure the gun was running. I figured I'd try some 1 reload 1, Best were .85s .86s, but was really fight for it and not hitting them consistently. 1 sec+ is alot more comfortable for me, but I still can't hit that fast in a match

I changed the angle of my mag, I'm going to try positioning them alittle more to my side instead of dead center. See if that help me get the mag out faster and at a more natural angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITwNQ3tdRlE...re=channel_page

Bart-man on Saturday. I was not there but he smokes!

What was your percentage on the classifier? Your draw and reload had to be flawless.

LOL...it was okay....90.7% on the classifier calc. Honestly, I was a little slow on the turn...need to work on those as it's been a while, but the reload was smooth and fast. Damon clipped me by .14s but down one more point for 91.3% (I think). The kid (Jared) was right there, speed and point wise so it's got to be close to 100% for him in Limited....gonna have to put super glue in has mag pouches;-) I slapped on the new M&P and shot a nice, steady 80% which is only my second classifier with that rig....just want to get four decent ones down before trying to turn up the heat. R,

• 2 weeks later...

Well, when I was practicing regularly back in 05 I had a 10 run average of 1.96. 6 shots on 1 target 10 yds, reload 6 shots on another target 10 yds, 3 feet apart. (oh yeah, that is with a Revolver. FWIW)

Can't do it now though... <_<

Hop

• 1 month later...