Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Highest Round Count STI Frame?

JoshF

Reading though the sales section I can't help but think there has to be an STI out there somewhere with more then 5k rounds through it :ph34r:

So WHO has the HIGHEST ROUND COUNT STI frame here? Not looking for no safe queens with 10-15k but something REAL scarry like 100k+ :surprise:

Edited by KSmoker

About 150k, but I'm sure that isn't going to be the highest. I bought it with about 70k and put about 80k through it and the fit is still excellent. It is .38 super, originally built by Fred Craig.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

Spanky (In TMC's hands now) is a used but not abused SV frame. Pat had probably 15-20k on it when I got the gun. I put somewhere around the same on it. Pat shot the heck out of it when I sold it back to him and Lord only knows what TMC's done to it. So...a WAG would be somewhere close to 100k.

Rich

Couldn't tell you the round count, but I've a Tripp Research frame (yes, the predecessor to both STI and SVI - the original modular frame kit) with a low-three-digit S/N that dates back 17 years (yes, 17), and is on its third top end...

Humm this is kind of a funny thread.

Last one had 100K+++, replaced 3 barrels and comps, most rds at 175PF, and was a great gun that went to a new shooter. I would have shot it at the Nationals and in fact did when my new one broke 2 years ago. Current one has 20K or so.

Built a new one mainly for getting rid of the hybrid. Somebody got a good gun cheap.

Edited by BSeevers

I have a Dawson signature Limited gun that I am the 2nd owner of and it had about 90k when I pruchased it. I have put another 50k thru it and it still shoots as good a group as any gun I have. One of my shooting buddies has an old sti with at least 170k thru it(mostly lead) and it still runs with the best of them. I have come to the conclusion that you cant kill a limited gun without really trying.

I've got an STI frame that has gone through a 45acp top end and then a 40 top end and I'd bet combined, the frame has about 120K through it; and that's being conservative.

Plus it has had at least one round that was at least 360pf through it and all I had to replace was a new grip. ;)

A buddy has an SV in 40 with 175K plus rounds on it, second barrel, second fire control group and 3rd Bomar pivot pin, that is it. Tight, accurate, really a nice gun. Over 150K rounds have been Clays loads with 200 grain bullets too, someone should remind him that it is going to blow up any day :P

105,00. Maybe a few thousand more, but that number is based off a pretty accurate primer count. Original Schuemann ultimatch barrel firing 90% lead and jacketed rounds only for matches. Gun has went from 1" to 3" at 25 yds. Still not bad in my opinion.

I have an older Strayer, Tripp International Eagle in .40 with +170K through it. Still has the original barrel. The lands are fairly smooth but it still shoots OK. I do wonder how much longer it will last though.