Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

is Meopta still the scope to buy?

pbosik

My biggest problem with the Meopta is that the power ring is very stiff and difficult to turn quickly.

Robert Wright of R&R racing has a quick throw lever for the Meopta he is making.

Thanks! I was going to pick one up from him at the Ephrata match last month, but he didn't have them ready yet. I'll give him a call!

Well yes and no, this sport is expensive IF you quest for "glass", a real nice set of Iron sights costs around $150.00 and You don't need any kind of mount or rings to go with them! They never fog over, glint in the sun, or wash out due to rain drops on the lens. I like the Meopta....but I shoot irons!!!

Are you sure its what you thought????

Its not about Irons, it about affordable!!!!!!!

Quit pot stirring................ :roflol:

Trapr

With a statement like that coming from wither you or Kurt, the two most prevalent iron shooters here, I'm sure you can imaging what we were imagining. :ph34r:

Well? Fess up... What gives?

*don't tell anyone, but I just might build me a limited rifle*

edit: nevermind, I just read the other thread.

Edited by ken hebert

Last week I got to look through a Swarovski Z6i 1x6 illuminated :surprise::surprise::surprise:

Now that's glass !!! :o I need one of these but the price ??

Does anyone have a link to the exact Burris your talking about, my friend is looking for an affordable

scope and the Millet does seem kind of dark ?

I just finished a rifle build for 3 gun with that optic I love it.

Here are some pics.

Here she is. I just shot it and it runs great.

IM001083.jpg

IM001084.jpgIM001085.jpg

IM001086.jpgIM001087.jpg

Lower is Saber Defense. I installed a geissele two stage match trigger, Vltor Emod Stock, Mag pull pistol grip and trigger guard. Upper is a Noveske N4 light carbine with Troy sights and a Swarovski Z6i 1x6-24 Rifle Scope with Circle Dot Reticle in a Larue mount. It has a Surefire muzzle break pinned on to the 14.5 inch barrel. That brake works awsome. Anyway I just finished it today and sighted it in. The brake makes the gun come straight back and there is almost no muzzle flip for fast double taps at 100 yards. It is nice having a 1 to 6 power scope with Daylight illumination.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Does a 14.5 inch barrel make minor????

Edited: Nice rifle by the way.

Chris C.

Power factor is easy. I shoot Sierra 77 grain bullets which still make minor even if they are only going 2000 fps. Out of hte 14.5 inch barrel they should be going about 2400 fps. I will chrono them later.

Pat

Chris C.

Power factor is easy. I shoot Sierra 77 grain bullets which still make minor even if they are only going 2000 fps. Out of hte 14.5 inch barrel they should be going about 2400 fps. I will chrono them later.

Pat

Can you show where on the comp the pinning was done. Interested in doing this myself but want to be able to use the Surefire can which fits over the brake.

Peter Adams

FY-39604

Chris C.

Pat

Can you show where on the comp the pinning was done. Interested in doing this myself but want to be able to use the Surefire can which fits over the brake.

Peter Adams

FY-39604

I bought this so I could use the can. I will get you a pic here in a bit. I will be ordering a can once I can spare the cash.

Pat

What is that "hangy down thing in the front, on the Free Float railed grater tube"?? Did that come off a ski pole??? :roflol:

Nice rifle man!! KurtM

Thanks. I just like the way vertical foregrips feel. I know you don't need them to shoot well but I like them. By the way sorry I was a bit of a jerk to you in previous threads.

Pat

Oh sure...pick on a guy for not focusing the camera, and poking fun at his brake ( BTW the Sure-Fire brakes are VERY effective), but no one noted that that is one NICE SHOP! KurtM

• 1 month later...

So far I like my Burris XTR especially for the money. I'll by buying the cheaper Euro Diamond model for my back up rifle unless someone wants to sell me there Meopta for 450.00. Anyone, anyone.