Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

is Meopta still the scope to buy?

pbosik

I recently have seem the K-dot Meopta makes, and before my purchase, is any other scope out there in that price range?

I thought the dot and pattern below seemed small and I have seen clearer glass on a Trijicon Accupoint 1.25x4..at least that is what i noticed.

The Meopta has a focus "set" at the rear eye piece that you set for your eyes. I have not shot the one I have yet , but after setting the focus the glass is very good.

up until now I would not use any thing but a Leupold on a rifle, = thats what kind of glass snob I am.

I am shooting the new burris 1x4 xtr & like it a lot.

Same here. I was the first on my street to get one. I like the Burris XTR and I have it on a Larue SPR-E. Lots of folks have looked thru it and said "I gotta get one of those".

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

The new Burris is a nice scope. After 300 yards, due to the stadia, perhaps as good or better than a Meopta. For usage out to 300 yards or so there is no scope under $1,500.00 that is the equal of the Meopta. IMHO.

Edited by Merlin Orr

I agree with merlin, the lack of stadia and such in the field of veiw, is what i would prefer for a quick use optic. the burris is nice i would like it better if the horizontal stadia and the stadia above horizontal were gone. for a low power optic (1-4) i think its just for show, especially for one that will get used primarily for 300 and less yards.

Although the price makes it a nice option to the meopta, i wish the meopta was going for <600.00

trapr

Got a Meopta and really love it. The 1-4 magnification, repeatable MOA adjustments, exceptionally bright dot, and ability to shoot it in BAC mode really set it apart from most of the other reasonable prices optics.

Tried the EOTECH - great for hosing but not so good for long range, like the Long Range stage at the 2007 National Multi-Gun. That one stage and my resulting ZERO caused me to swear off non-magnified optics forever.

Tried the Millet and wasn't impressed; had a "cheap" feel and the glass and dot weren't that clear.

Tried to Leupy 1.5 x 5 ILL Dot and wasn't impressed; illumination was very faint even with new batteries and lack of true 1x power made BAC type hosing tough.

My advice, try the Meopta unless you can afford a Short Dot.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Last week I got to look through a Swarovski Z6i 1x6 illuminated :surprise::surprise::surprise:

Now that's glass !!! :o I need one of these but the price ??

Does anyone have a link to the exact Burris your talking about, my friend is looking for an affordable

scope and the Millet does seem kind of dark ?

I guess the price has gone up since I first saw it. But it is basically this scope without the red dot.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-12454-591-burris-1-...ifle-scope.aspx

For some reason Midway or SWFA don't have pictures of the scope without the red dot on top.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-12453-591-new-burri...ifle-scope.aspx

I guess the price has gone up since I first saw it. But it is basically this scope without the red dot.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-12454-591-burris-1-...ifle-scope.aspx

For some reason Midway or SWFA don't have pictures of the scope without the red dot on top.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-12453-591-new-burri...ifle-scope.aspx

Unless you are shooting at night it does not matter if you have the red lit reticle or not - as you can't see it in the daytime well enough to make the slightest difference. :ph34r:

I have found the the meopta works better at range than most people think. You just have to keep in mind the size of the dot at 4x and also explore the distance between the dot and the top of the bottom cross hair. That plus an understanding of the balistics of your load ought to get you out to 400 yards or so on flash targets with 10" plates. Maybe farther (400 or so is as far as I have to play with).

Peter Adams

FY-39604

Right now I'm in a quandary trying to decide between my Accupoint and Meopta. The Meopta is a non-illuminated duplex reticle. The fov and clarity of the Meopta is wonderful. It's easier to hit at long range than with the Accupoint for me. I really like the fiber optics and bright triangle reticle on the Accupoint, though, especially for the closer targets. My biggest problem with the Meopta is that the power ring is very stiff and difficult to turn quickly. Both are just great scopes. I may opt for the Meopta (get it, opt - Meopta? Oh well.) before Ironman.

For anyone looking for an inexpensive entry level scope you can't go wrong with the little Weaver 1-3x. It's only about $150 and works great till you can decide what you want in a more expensive scope.

ACOG TA-33

No power ring to turn. Fiber optic visible during daylight (I use tape over the fiber optic or it can be too bright). Small, light, and at the $700.00 area with supplied mount. BAC works with my eyes so no need for 1x as long as you keep both eyes open. BDC good out to 600 yrds.

This coming from a newer 3-gunner that places middle of the pack at shoots, so take it for what it is worth. I have to say, I don't see many of the better rifle shooters using this scope.

My biggest problem with the Meopta is that the power ring is very stiff and difficult to turn quickly.

Robert Wright of R&R racing has a quick throw lever for the Meopta he is making.

Sorry for the drift but....

Anyone got a link to Wright's Reactive Targets/R&R Racing....? Lots of hits but no products page...

My biggest problem with the Meopta is that the power ring is very stiff and difficult to turn quickly.

Robert Wright of R&R racing has a quick throw lever for the Meopta he is making.

Sorry for the drift but....

Anyone got a link to Wright's Reactive Targets/R&R Racing....? Lots of hits but no products page...

Here is a link, you may have to copy and paste, I'm still new at this. http://www.randrracingonline.com/public_html/index.html

I don't think the quick throw lever is on the website yet, but give him a call, he has a bunch being finished. Several people used them at the X3 championship and I heard it worked great. It also seems to fit on the Swarovski Z6i 1-6, so get on the list behind me!

Doug

Edited by Doug H.