Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WALLUM LAKE ROD & GUN CLUB

INVITES YOU TO

“WALLS OF STEEL”

August 21,22,23,24 2008

This will be a match consisting of 6 stages of knockdown steel with anywhere from 20 to 30 targets per stage and will be a timed event.

Each shooter may shoot in any of the four offered divisions; however, you must shoot in different time slots.

These divisions are as follows:

STOCK AUTO: Centerfire semi-automatic pistol. No comps, ports or external weights regardless of source, i.e.… factory ported. No optics.

OPEN AUTO: Any centerfire semi-automatic pistol. All modifications and optics allowed.

STOCK REVOLVER: No comps, ports or external weights regardless of source, I.E… factory ported. No optics.

OPEN REVOLVER: Any centerfire revolver. All modifications and optics allowed.

Registration: To guarantee a shooting slot you must be PRE-REGISTERED! YOU WILL NOT BE REGISTERED UNTIL THE REGISTRATION AND ENTRY FORM AND PAYMENT ARE RECEIVED. NO PHONE OR EMAIL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Walk on shooters will be accommodated ONLY if there are openings available!

ENTRY FEES: $50.00 one gun. $85.00 for two guns. $100.00 for three guns and $110.00 for four guns.

PAYBACK – Minimum 50% cash payback by Lewis Class. If entries warrant, High Ladies, Juniors (16 and under) and Seniors (60 and over) will also be paid.

Starting Times: 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM each day. Squads will be limited to 10 shooters per squad (60 shooters per time slot). If the time slot you choose is filled you will be given the option of choosing another day/time. PLEASE GET YOUR ENTRY FORMS IN EARLY!

Go to www.wallumlakerodgun.com for details, rules, entry forms and more or contact Match Director Jim Richardson @ jimbo641@msn.com or (401) 480-9641

Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club

200 Brook Rd

Harrisville, RI 02830

I shot this Walls Of Steel last year and it was a ton of fun. There's simply lots and lots of steel (that only looked easy to shoot) and very friendly people. I've never been to PSA but from what I understand, Walls of Steel is modeled after that match and hopes to grow towards towards that high bar PSA has set. In fact, Brad and Kay from PSA were in our squad last year and they are just such nice people.

If you're able to come out, I recommend it. Last year was great and it was their first year running a "big" match, this year should be even better.

Steve Lyons

Edited by Nik Habicht

Hey, Chris has shot this match and has been talking with Jim, we will be setting up a shotgun side event and Chris will set up one stage. Jim is a nice guy and easy to work with, the match should be great fun and will be a lot like the PSA Shootout. Jim can add on to his post, but I think he already has major sponsorship with multiple guns to award.

See you there, karl @ GT

This match sounds awesome. Sounds like a mini PSA, I wish I had the funds to go but it's a far travel from MD to RI.

We will probably fly from Philly to Providence. $59.00 each way. Can't drive that cheap with the cost of gas now! Hope we can make it. Sounds like a good time just like the PSA Shootout and Fields of Steel.

Mike

I've trimmed a bunch of bickering from this thread. I'm in the process of PMing a number of people regarding their posts. If the only editing I did to one of your posts was to remove a quote from someone else, and perhaps a very short response, you may not be getting a PM. Should you have any questions, feel free to send me one. Thank you,

• 2 months later...
Any hotel info for this match?

where is the best place to stay?

is the hampton in smithfield, RI too far away?

thanks, karl

I believe Smithfield is about 20 minutes from Walls of Steel. I'd guess that Smithfield is the closest town with pretty good hotels, since Bryant College is in Smithfield.

thanks GTO & PMD, this has quickly changed into a mini family vacation so we will be at the hampton in smithfield. we just have to visit the zoo & the granite canyon & the water park. I'm not sure how this happened. Its gonna be a long weekend. hahaha

thanks, karl

I just found out about this match, and I am interested in shooting in it. The entry form states that entries must be in before July 19th....are entries closed now, or are entries still being accepted?

Also, is there any way to find out what time slots are still avaialble on Fri, Sat, and/or Sun?

Ken

I just found out about this match, and I am interested in shooting in it. The entry form states that entries must be in before July 19th....are entries closed now, or are entries still being accepted?

Also, is there any way to find out what time slots are still avaialble on Fri, Sat, and/or Sun?

Ken

Go to the web link PMD posted above and look at the bottom of the entry form,

Jim Richardson's info is there, he can give you all the info.

Hey, I just talked to Jim a couple days ago, and he said send the entry. I just mailed 4 entries this morning.

go ahead and mail them in, do not forget to bring a shotgun for the side event.

later, karl @ GT

• 3 weeks later...

A big thanks to Jim and the crew at Wallum Lake - you folks in RI put on a great match.

If you did not shoot this match - your loss - this match was run really well.

The staff did a great job with registration, squadding and running the line.

When we completed the afternoon squad the the results for Friday and Saturday morning were already posted.

I shot on the Sat morning and Sat afternoon squad's - both squads were excellent and everyone helped out - other than some mechanical issues with my open revo the day run smoothly.

This match will be on my todo list for next year.