Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Toys

scottli

Got a new V-12 with all the bells whistles coming from Henning. Ships tommorrow and will have my hands on it next week. Always been a 1911 guy so the I am clueless when it comes to the Tanfoglio. I ordered a new press from Dillon and I am getting ready to start ordering stock to reload in 38 super. Gonna get the Starline TJ Brass, IMR powder, and winchester primers. Im lost when it comes to ordering the bullets. Looks like 124/125 is the trick but what about diameter?

Whats reccommended to feed this beast?

9mm .355 / .356

38 .356

38 .357

What do you guys suggest and where is the best places to buy the supplies?

Thanks

I've got a Gold Team. V8, not the V12.

I've been using 121 IFP from Montana Gold + SP2. They work great, and I have no complaints. However, I've also been testing Ranier Plated 124gr RN. I've pumped them up to 171 pf. They are just as accurate as the IFP, and have no signs of coming apart. People have said the poly barrel in the Tangfolio is friendlier to the plated bullet.

Shockingly, the Montana Gold bullets are about the same price as the Ranier, but I can get the Ranier from our local club. I'm not very good at planning ahead, so I'll probably settle on the Ranier.