Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titegroup

spook

OK, I've posted a while ago that my revolver gets really dirty with my current load using VVN320. Patrick Sweeney made a good comment when he said it might be the gun, not the load. I found out it's not the gun. So I'm switching from VV N320 to something else. He suggested N310. And I've read in recents posts Titegroup is really, really clean. Here in Europe I can get the VV powders relatively cheap. The US powders are more expensive. So, before I go out and buy some TG, I would like to know how fast it is compared to the VithaV powders. (Because I like fast powders and if TG is slow, I won't even bother). So if there's any one out there that knows (and I know there is:))....

Depends on the source of data. Tightgroup is listed by some as around N330, and others as around N320. Its been reccomended to me as a very clean powder in 45acp by several posters on this site. Im going to try it this week.What cartridge are you loading, and at what bullet weight and velocity? I have read that it can be not so clean in seriously reduced loads.                Travis F.

Hi Travis, your thread and the replies made me ask about TG. I currently load .45 ACP to 170+ PF. The components I use are Federal LP 150 primers and Frontier 230 grain RN copperplated bullets. And of course VV N320. I like the feel of N320, but it's dirty (at least in my gun, a model of 1988 S&W).

I am really interested in how TG works out for you. Lemme know if you like it. And thanks for the reply.

Ran about 125 rounds last night, it left a fine black dust behind not really dirty but not super clean (I have yet to find any powder that I would call super clean, I guess there will always be some evidence that powder was burnt )Now that I have some I will try it with jacketed bullets. I loaded 5.2 gr. under 200gr. lead, Hodgdon lists 5.3 at 885 fps. for a pf. of 176+. ( with a jacketed bullet )I assume 4.6 -4.8 would probably be about 170 pf with lead 200gr. If anyone has any further info it would be appreciated.            Travis F.

MAN!...I had to look at your profile to see where in the heck tg costs that much. Yowza! I would definately not pay that much.Good luck with the 310!           Travis F.

(Edited by TBF at 1:56 pm on Jan. 22, 2003)

(Edited by TBF at 1:58 pm on Jan. 22, 2003)