Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oakley's customer service

RUSHARP2

I just received a brand spanking new pair of M Frames in the mail. Cost me about $40 with shipping. I had a small problem with the piece over the ear and sent them in. Less than 2 weeks later... new pair. No questions. The best part is that this is the second time I have broken them and received new ones in retrun. I orinally bought the M Frames in 1996.

That is just plain service if you ask me. I wish more companies stood by their product.

Matt

They are awesome! My girlfriend manages a chain store that sells sunglasses, and she routinely sees people who've had their Oakleys for 5-10 years and they're still going strong. While Oakley's stated warranty is not that much better than anyone else's, what they actually do is well above and beyond. They damn sure make great products.

I had some zeros I bought in 1994. Two years later the hinge where I grabbed them all the time came apart in my hand. They replaced them with an identical pair for free. Another year went by and the lens cracked in half right over my nose. Again, replaced for free. I took that pair to a store and exchanged them for some e-wires and only paid the difference. I still wear them today 10+ years later. I have since bought a set of M frames for shooting/work safety with 4 different lenses. Great company, great glasses, and they donate to our prize tables and our military! Support them!

Oakley is A+ across the board in my book. I've used their tune-up service twice in the past and swear that I've received new frames and lenses both times. It is that, or they have some superb craftsman on their end which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

You got new stuff, Dave ;) Far cheaper for them that way.

Now if only Oakley would make stuff (other than M-Frames) that actually fits my head.... <_<

That reminds me, I've got two pairs of M-Frames and a pair of E-wires that need to be sent off... :D

I was hoping that after Luxotica (the parent company of Lens Crafters, Sunglass Hut, Ray-Ban, Revo, etc.) took over Oakley back in october 2007 their customer service would not take a turn for the worse. It is good to find out that they are still offering the same good service that they did before the merge. I have heard that this type of customer service is not the norm with some of the other lines of sunglasses that they represent/manufacture.

My only concern with Oakley is that their design department is mainly making frames for the younger generation (ie the Gas Can) and, my-oh-my... those suckers are UGLY!! :sick:

You got new stuff, Dave ;) Far cheaper for them that way.

Now if only Oakley would make stuff (other than M-Frames) that actually fits my head.... <_<

That reminds me, I've got two pairs of M-Frames and a pair of E-wires that need to be sent off... :D

Take a look at the X-metal range, the penny and the juliet are pretty big. I love them too, when I broke the hinge off my watch they sent me a new watch for 100$, and then my prescription frames broke at the earpiece they sent them back with new frames at no charge for shipping either way. Its why I own so many of their sunglasses.

Take a look at the X-metal range, the penny and the juliet are pretty big.

Its not at all about size... Many of them physically fit around my head. The problem is, whenever I make a facial expression (especially smiling), the pop off the bridge of my nose and hang out in space.... X-metals do it, too....

The problem is, whenever I make a facial expression (especially smiling), the pop off the bridge of my nose and hang out in space.... X-metals do it, too....

Obviously you smile too much. Knock it off! :roflol:

-Chet

...The problem is, whenever I make a facial expression (especially smiling), the pop off the bridge of my nose and hang out in space....

Botox will take care of that, you'll have the facial mobility of a corpse, but you will look younger and your glasses will remain in place. :rolleyes:

I was hoping that after Luxotica (the parent company of Lens Crafters, Sunglass Hut, Ray-Ban, Revo, etc.) took over Oakley back in october 2007 their customer service would not take a turn for the worse. It is good to find out that they are still offering the same good service that they did before the merge. I have heard that this type of customer service is not the norm with some of the other lines of sunglasses that they represent/manufacture.

My only concern with Oakley is that their design department is mainly making frames for the younger generation (ie the Gas Can) and, my-oh-my... those suckers are UGLY!! :sick:

I work for a Luxottica optical brand, and my girlfriend's store is a Lux brand as well. Oakley retained a lot more independence than other brands that have been absorbed by Lux as part of the deal. They resisted for a long, long time, but when you offer the owner of the company almost the same autonomy, and a semi trailer full of cash, I guess it's too hard to resist. I wouldn't know, myself. :rolleyes:

I work for a Luxottica optical brand, and my girlfriend's store is a Lux brand as well. Oakley retained a lot more independence than other brands that have been absorbed by Lux as part of the deal. They resisted for a long, long time, but when you offer the owner of the company almost the same autonomy, and a semi trailer full of cash, I guess it's too hard to resist. I wouldn't know, myself. :rolleyes:

You are absolutely right!! :roflol:

I've had the same experience with Oakley, and have acquired 2 additional pairs of them off prize tables the last 2 years.

One thing I really like about them is when Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with cancer, his French team dropped him, and there was doubt he would have insurance. Since Oakley was one of his sponsors, they told their insurance company to cover him or they would take their business elsewhere. I think Lance described it in his book "Its not about the bike".