Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Springfield XD-M

There's talk on a couple other forums about the new XD-M. "M" meaning "more," I think. This is a .40 caliber gun with standard 16 +1 capacity. With magazine extensions probably 19 or 20. When a tactical 5" appears it could be a good Limited gun... Anyone have any more information?

There's talk on a couple other forums about the new XD-M. "M" meaning "more," I think. This is a .40 caliber gun with standard 16 +1 capacity. With magazine extensions probably 19 or 20. When a tactical 5" appears it could be a good Limited gun... Anyone have any more information?

I've shot one.

Thinner grip profile with more aggressive plastic molded "checkering". Longer grip frame for higher capacity. So far only offered in a 4.25" barrel. TGO's video on the features of the XDM is cool... :devil:

So I'm holding a new sample in my hands just now.

4.25 bbl

16 rd mag

Ambi mag release

Interchangeable backstraps

Better sights (still 3 dot, yuck)

Steel guide rod (that is hollow)

Easier take down (field stripping is a breeze)

re contoured slide profile

Dave Re - I cannot tell about the magazine feed lips durability, seems stiff enough

I like the slimness of the grip, I like the deeper under cut at the trigger guard, I like the depressions for my thumb...but the bore axis is still high. I don't like the way the ambi mag release holds the mag (hole center front of mag body). Even the weight of an empty mag seems to impede the smooth release. When I shot the sample gun, ejecting a partial mag wasn't the best experience as the additional weight of the rounds left added to the force you needed to apply to disengage the mag catch. Maybe some creative polishing can smooth it out...

Thats interesting about the partial mag comment.

We just got our samples today, I might go run some rounds through them this week. The grip feels good, not too agressive but good texture. Depending on what they finally price them at it will be interesting to see how they do.

I like them but would rather have the 9 for a plinker.

Depending on what they finally price them at it will be interesting to see how they do.

I like them but would rather have the 9 for a plinker.

Yep, I'm not sure that SA knows how they are going to price them yet...they're stuck on 40 for this product intro.

A thread from XD talk with some pictures.

XD-M

Why why not a 5 inch gun!

Good question. I would assume you could put a 5" top on it from a .40 Tactical though. Seems like a lot of trouble though.

A thread from XD talk with some pictures.

XD-M

Good question. I would assume you could put a 5" top on it from a .40 Tactical though. Seems like a lot of trouble though.

So why wouldn't you get an STI for that kind of trouble and money?

A lot of trouble. I guess the 4" is more desirable to the general population???

I wonder what sort of "marketing" info they got to justify a new model ?

It does not seem to fit our sport any better than their existing offerings or am I missing something ?

More capcity for us no ban states yahoooooooooooooo

and i need me a bi tone.

Waves bye to his stymlus check

Sorry i was excited 40 cal now is 12 rounds with uspsa legal extentions it only makes 15 you need 19 ish to be in limited major

Edited by R/T Performance

Part # Description MSRP

XDM9202HCSP XD(M) Black .40 $679

XDM9212HCSP XD(M) Bi-tone .40 $749

Standard XD:

XD9102HC06 XD Black .40 $543

Dealer prices are very nearly a hundred bucks more for an XDM compared to a regular XD. In my professional opinion, be on the look out for an adjustment down to a more realistic price much like S&W did when they introduced the M&P.

Edited by Middle Man

• 3 weeks later...
Part # Description MSRP

XDM9202HCSP XD(M) Black .40 $679

XDM9212HCSP XD(M) Bi-tone .40 $749

Standard XD:

XD9102HC06 XD Black .40 $543

Dealer prices are very nearly a hundred bucks more for an XDM compared to a regular XD. In my professional opinion, be on the look out for an adjustment down to a more realistic price much like S&W did when they introduced the M&P.

I just sold two of them today for $600 a piece, the all black. And yes I still made money. But yet again I never sell MSRP.

i also sold my 3 black at $600. its got way more than $100 in parts guys will swap out anyhow, so imo its very worth the price increase.

Agreed, I did find out at some point they will be coming out with sight options from the factory as well, fiber optics being one. I guess not yet. Most guys like to have their own choice for sights but looked like with those on a guy would only have to put some basepads and a magwell on and it would be ready for limited right out of the box. Seems promising.

Got to see and fondle I mean handle a bitone and a blue today. Salesman changed out the backstrap to the small one and it feels good. Sights are tons better than the old model for these old eyes (very important). They wouldn't let me snap it to see about the trigger. Might look at one in 9mm sub compact when they come out. Price in NE Ohio $599 - blue and $699 bi-tone which IMHO looks good but isn't worth $100.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

The XDM has been added to the Production gun list, since it has been added to Pro. it would also be legal for Limited and L-10. Pro. requires 2000 units made Limited requires 500.

Rich

Wasn't the impetus for this gun a manual safety for Military use? and if that, then I assume the 4" is a "normal" duty length for MP's?

Probably a much bigger potential market in Police and Military than USPSA production/limited shooters.

Jim