Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This one should create some interest!

I would love to see peace on earth.....Oh wait, wrong thread :) I like the sport the way it is today but with less whining. :popcorn1:

Unless I misread Z, which is entirely possible, he wasn't talking about changing anything, but starting from scratch with what we know.

:popcorn1:

OK. I believe that I read it right the first time. Is it so hard to believe that I see almost nothing that I would change from what we have in USPSA today? Starting from scratch, I would rebuild USPSA as we have it today. I love it, thats what keeps me coming back for more almost every weekend. As I said, though, definitely less whining :)

Scantily clad women and beer. :popcorn1:

And I guess, to be entirely fair, for the lady shooters in the sport, scantily clad men who don't have a belly protruding over their gun belt. :roflol:

<_< they did have the Swedish Bikini Team shoot Steel Challenge a few years back. no bear though

IF you were starting a NEW shooting sport, and could learn from any possible shortcoming in the ones we have now, specifically USPSA, IDPA, and Steel Challenge, what changes would you make to create the ultimate shooting sport/discipline?

[zh slides into his body armor]

With what goal in mind?

B)

Different aspects of different gun games are good for certain things. Am I running the match as a money maker, or do I just need to break even? Will I be calling on volunteer help or is it a commerical ventured, where the help might come to rightfully expect a little in return?

Am I out for pure competition...mass appeal...tactics?

etc....ect...

Scantily clad women?

Absolutely.

TV coverage and we need hi speed cameras to show whats going on and the steel and shattering targets would help.

Get Jessica Simpson and Jessica Alba to go head to head with open class guns and lots of targets in the Arizona desert in summer.

Yeah baby now THATS a competition!

JK

Battle of the Shooting Stars! There's our new reality show.... :devil:

IF you were starting a NEW shooting sport, and could learn from any possible shortcoming in the ones we have now, specifically USPSA, IDPA, and Steel Challenge, what changes would you make to create the ultimate shooting sport/discipline?

[zh slides into his body armor]

With what goal in mind?

B)

Different aspects of different gun games are good for certain things. Am I running the match as a money maker, or do I just need to break even? Will I be calling on volunteer help or is it a commerical ventured, where the help might come to rightfully expect a little in return?

Am I out for pure competition...mass appeal...tactics?

etc....ect...

It would be to create a "perfect shooting sport", ease of scoring, ELIMINATE sandbagging, increase fun IF possible (but let's face it, we are already running around shooting guns ), more user friendly for newbies, etc...

I think you have some conflicting ideas there. (IMO)

For instance...

I like the USPSA hf scoring scoring and weighing stages by the number of hits required. Those things don't making the scoring easy to understand, newbie friendly, nor TV friendly. But, they have advantages for the sporting/competition aspect.

The "freestyle" aspect of USPSA makes it harder on stage designers. Yet, I like the shooting challenge that allows.

There are things like that about USPSA, that I don't want to sacrifice for the sake of making it easier on me to run a match, or to get 10-20 more shooters.

The same can be said about the other sports.

A lot of it depends on what you really want to do and where you want to go with it.

There are positives and negatives to static steel...to knock down steel...to paper. Same for strictly controlling shooter flow/movement/engagement and freestyle.

What about your shooters? Experienced or not?

Will there be an audience that needs to see the action?

Maybe it's more of a social event, and not quite as much about the shooting?

Some games really stress certain aspects of the shooting, while not testing others as much. In Steel Challenge, the draw is pretty important. It's not so heavily weighted in USPSA. IDPA has a focus on closer targets, with a pretty high degree of accuracy required. NRA/Bianchi...nobody is worried about time there. It's tight hits in the center.

Are you starting a local match? Wondering what would be a good format?

Where do you want to go?

1) simple scoring that anyone can see - knock down steel. Great for TV, great for spectators, easy to score and update. Easily reset either by hand or mechanical. Could even be scored automatically.

2) very few divisions. 3, maybe 4. Open, not so Open, Factory. Maybe revolver but not so sure on that one.

3) Par time. Aggressive par times. Where 99.9 % don't finish before the second beep.

4) Every stage/ CoF requires movement. Not 50 yd dash but movement. Box to box 3 ft apart or 2 steps to simply see around barriers.

5) Standard but variable targets. Circles, squares, crosses but of standard dimensions.

6) Strait up - no classes.