Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock

Rolex

It may depend on which caliber you are asking about. I have 9MM mags with 5 & 6 molded in the follower and 45 mags with a different shaped follower and a 2 beside the Glock on the back.

It may depend on which caliber you are asking about. I have 9MM mags with 5 & 6 molded in the follower and 45 mags with a different shaped follower and a 2 beside the Glock on the back.

I think there are different generations of followers and mags and even the gun. I believe that the gun is at least 4th generation, while the mags are at least 5th generation. The follower does depend on the caliber and if it's a 10 round mag or the full capacity mag.

IIRC, the newest mags have #8 followers.

EDIT: My 4th generation 9mm mags have #6 followers, but my 3rd generation .40 mags have #8 followers.

Edited by gunnerBU

The newest magazines will have the ambidextrous magazine release cutout on the front of the magazine.

and not just the 45 mags either. every one of my new 9mm mags has the cut-out. I think this indicates that glock is going to release an ambi mag option for all calibers.