Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

But you could do that with the 4 cyl Camry. The 96 Camry I had, was still getting 32 mpg when I got rid of it at 247K miles on the engine. It usually used 2/3 of the tank to drive 400 miles from Sacramento to LA. I did it in 1/2 tank once when I had a nice tailwind and drafted off of every semi-truck that was speeding.

I've seen you drive; that 96 Camry must have been a super-secret nuclear powered prototype for you to get that kind of mileage! :D

But you could do that with the 4 cyl Camry. The 96 Camry I had, was still getting 32 mpg when I got rid of it at 247K miles on the engine. It usually used 2/3 of the tank to drive 400 miles from Sacramento to LA. I did it in 1/2 tank once when I had a nice tailwind and drafted off of every semi-truck that was speeding.

I've seen you drive; that 96 Camry must have been a super-secret nuclear powered prototype for you to get that kind of mileage! :D

Actually not, We routinely did this well with Accords also. Only thing we didnt get with the Accord was that morally superior attitude that Hybrid owners seem to have :)

Edited by larry cazes

Actually not, We routinely did this well with Accords also. Only thing we didnt get with the Accord was that morally superior attitude that Hybrid owners seem to have :)

I know Scooter and my comment was meant to be humorous...I've had him behind me on the two-lane road approaching the range where our club shoots. He likes to drive, hmmm, agressively :ph34r:

Some folks might think their poop don't stink because they drive a hybrid, but I'm not one of them. To me, it's just about saving some money at the pump, and hearing that cool sound the car makes as it turns kinetic energy into electrical energy every time I stop!

Hybrid snobs..

The Southpark episode on this was priceless..

I do laugh about the Hybrids.. my 85 CRX got 50+ easily, my 93 Civic VX got mid to high 40's...

If it wasn't for the Fed Tax Credit and my job giving me cash to buy one, I'd never look at them..

My trips to LA typically gets 32 mpg with that Camry. But I didn't mention, that was usually 400 miles in 5 hours. I really don't know what kind of mileage it would have done if I gone the speed limit. The only time I got crappy mileage from that car was when it was packed with 3 people, 3 bikes on the roof rack, one bike, 4 sets of wheels, and luggage. It did 21 mpg and 100 mph was the fastest it would go on a downhill.

Diesel is the way to go except for the government and oil companies screwing everyone over. Diesel is easier to produce, yet they charge more for it. Go figure.