Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr. Joe Metz

kimel

The shooting community lost a true friend 4/26/2008 when Mr. Joe Metz passed away from lung cancer.

Joe was past president of the Lewiston (Idaho) Pistol Club and had been active in the shooting sports for what seems like forever. He was a fixture at the Steel Challenge for many years.

Joe mentored many shooters over the years and was always one of the first to grab the tape or paint during a match to reset the stage.

I only had the honor of knowing the man for a few years but will miss he and his revolvers at our steel and USPSA matches.

Rest in peace my friend.

I had the true pleasure to meet him at the Steel Challenge and also got to shoot with him at the first US Steel Nats as well. A true gentleman and I am a better person for having met and known him......Godspeed, Joe.

DougC

• 3 weeks later...

My memories of Joe at the Steel Challenge will live on. :rolleyes:

As both a competitor and range officer, Joe was a fixture at the match and a member of the SC family.

His love of the game was evidenced one year when he broke his arm and had to draw and shoot his revolver with one hand. If I'm not mistaken, he shot with his WEAK hand! :surprise:

RIP Joe. Hopefully they have magnetic bullets in heaven.

Jim