Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Olympic Arms X3 Multi Gun Championship

post-9870-1209044194.gif

We are proud to announce that Olympic Arms is now the official match sponsor of the 2008 X3 Multi Gun Championship. Olympic Arms has long been one of the premier weapons builders in the United States, and a big supporter of our 2nd amendment rights. I hope you all will consider them for your next purchase.

There is still time to get into the match. The prize table will have everything from CASH, COMPLETE RIFLES, (for out of state winners) COMPLETE UPPERS, LOWERS, as well as accessories, ammunition, bags, and all kinds of stuff that you won't even believe.

For more information, you can visit our website X3multigun.com

Edited by Sammy

Excellent! Thank you in advance to Olympic for their support.

More excellent: when I followed the link to the match website & clicked on Rules, it lead directly to the USPSA 3gun rules page. Good to see that not every big 3gun match out there feels the need to write their own set of rules. :cheers:

I told people that I would post a few thing about the prize table as thing got closer, and well here goes.

We will have a couple of complete rifles from Olympic Arms, a couple of complete uppers from Olympic Arms, an 870 Shot gun from Vang Comp, a few stripped lowers from Stag, optics from C-More Systems, bags from Tac-Force, reloading equipment from Dillon Precision, product from SureFire, Glockworx, Arredondo, Grams Eng, Fiocchi, Starline Brass, Harris Bi Pods, Hogue, there is much more coming.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, CASH!!!!!

On another note, I spoke to the caterer, and Sunday lunch will be Tri Tip, mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy, a roll, drinks and a desert.

Lunch on saturday will be sandwich wraps, a piece of fruit, cookies, and a drink delivered to your third stage, we will break for about 15 minutes and then move on to our 4th stage.

The caterer will also be available in the morning's for breakfast. He is the same guy we use every week for the cowboy shooters and believe me when I tell you that you will not be disappointed in the food.

One more thing, If you guys want to camp out on the range you are more than welcome to do so, we have a fire at night and really have a good time if you know what I mean.

Until later,

Sammy Out!

I told people that I would post a few thing about the prize table as thing got closer, and well here goes.

We will have a couple of complete rifles from Olympic Arms, a couple of complete uppers from Olympic Arms, an 870 Shot gun from Vang Comp, a few stripped lowers from Stag, optics from C-More Systems, bags from Tac-Force, reloading equipment from Dillon Precision, product from SureFire, Glockworx, Arredondo, Grams Eng, Fiocchi, Starline Brass, Harris Bi Pods, Hogue, there is much more coming.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, CASH!!!!!

On another note, I spoke to the caterer, and Sunday lunch will be Tri Tip, mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy, a roll, drinks and a desert.

Lunch on saturday will be sandwich wraps, a piece of fruit, cookies, and a drink delivered to your third stage, we will break for about 15 minutes and then move on to our 4th stage.

The caterer will also be available in the morning's for breakfast. He is the same guy we use every week for the cowboy shooters and believe me when I tell you that you will not be disappointed in the food.

One more thing, If you guys want to camp out on the range you are more than welcome to do so, we have a fire at night and really have a good time if you know what I mean.

Until later,

Sammy Out!

Great to hear, I love my Oly! I had it for a long time!

• 3 weeks later...

Friday the 16th the range was burning and there was big doubt about whether there was going to be a range let alone a 2 day 3 gun match.

Saturday the hills quit burning thanks to a couple of hundred VCFD guys 35 or 40 trucks and helicopters.

Well the hills might have quit burning but that didn't mean the fire was out! Taran (the alien) Butler was on fire dominating the match not only winning the Tac Opt class but the overall too.

Saturday with only 4 bays open until 12:30 because of the fire things were a bit tight. Spliting up the start times helped the congestion and those of us that started late shot late and I think everybody except RO's got in 5 stages.

Great stage design by Jack Boyd gave everybody 8 fun and challenging stages to shoot. One stage was all three guns a stage for each gun then the rest were 2 gun stages. Thanks Jack.

The match staff was extreamly helpful and friendly thanks to Wayde, Lance, Craig, Jason, Ray, Friedo and to the others I don't remember right now.

The range master Chuck and his wife Joni (you'll be missed) did a great job answering questions fixing little hicups that happen along in the day. Chuck did his Crusty Demons imitation for the crowd rolling his 4 wheeler while servicing targets on the hill side.

Ole Sammy didn't spare any expense in making this match run smooth he had the "girls" from SMM3G do the scoring first class all the way.

The provided lunch was terrific both days in the immortal words of Richard Pryor "He ain't bullshi*ing about the cuisine."

The match sponcers were quite generous and the prize table was as advertised each shooter went home with over $150 in prizes. Between prize table winnings, lunch both days and the match T shirt you got to shoot the match for free as how I see it. It's pretty tough to find that anywhere, and this is in our back yard.

Sponcers:

R&R racing supplied terrific new targets great designs and their quality is top shelf. I had the pleasure of squading with these guys the previous week in Elko and have to say they are a bunch of hard working no attitude fun guys to be around. I'd squad with them anytime. (Don't worry Scott I'll bring you more water).

Olympic Arms. They don't sell lowers here but still supplied guns for the table along with certificates.

Vang Comp donated a complete shotgun.

Daves Metal Works donated his shotgun parts.

Californina Competiton Works filled the table with shell strippers, packs, tube holders, etc.

Grams Engineering

Safariland

I'm doing this from memory so I know I've forgotten some.

Just like supporting the sponcers of this web site please support those who support our sport.

Sam and the Deadwood gang put on a great match. This was a smooth running with a bunch of adversity and their first time. Almost 80 shooters showed up to brave the fires and heat. The competitors came from AZ, OR, WA, NV, and even California and were treated to a great time.

This is Californias big 3 gun match if you missed think about it for next year. If you need to practice think about their monthly matches.

Thanks again to all who made it possible.

This is a repost from Calguns.net

Great match! Cudo's to the whole crew at the Piru range...with record breaking temps and the fire, the courses and shooting was great.

Hat off to Dave (Sam Houston) for being flexable like Gumby! A plan only last until the first contact, fire or when the buzzer goes off.

Don't forget the fixed winged AC and Helicopters that helped with the fire. I ran fast to save the re-setting cords for the long range plate racks but the local Moto-Cross track water truck came to our rescue and put the fire out before it got to the targets and props.

Thank you to the sponsers...great table!

Can't wait until next year to see what is going to happen.

Only suggestion for improvement is to start earlier for us that can't take the heat, starting at 09:00 is late in my book. Late in the afternoon my rifle could/would not even cool down before the next stage! Just trying to improve and this is not a match breaker...just a suggestion from one melted shooter and worker bee.

Scott

From the Great Northwest...yes, it is raining as I type.

How does one (legally) transport the 'evil' weapons and hicap mags we use in this sport, into Kalifornia?

One can bring guns in locked case seperate from the ammo blah blah blah......... on the otherhand one cannot legally bring in high cap mags.

Let's not start this thread down the road of how stupid California is. We know!

If you out-of-stater's are really worried about it... I'm sure if you tell the locals or even the match presenters what gun you use... we can lend some magazines to you. And if you are worried about functioning bring extra rounds and function fire on registration day or something.

... of course we would need the mags back. :P

Well the match is over, and the scores are up. As already posted in several other threads we had are fair share of issues. I want to thank everyone for their patience and understanding in working through them.

A special thanks goes out to Mike Thompson, the land owner and the entire Ventura County Fire Dept who without their heroic efforts and quick work, the match would have been canceled. To Chuck Mahoney my “Range Master” and his lovely wife Joni for their tireless efforts in making this all run so smoothly, to Jack Boyd, for writing the stages and his help and support in this, to Polly Blanton and Gail Drake the ssmm3g stats team, you gals are awesome. The R.O.’s who didn’t get a chance to shoot the match on Friday, but had to fit in where they could after they worked the match for everyone else. To Scott Hawkins from R&R I can’t say enough about this man from the “Great North West” Thanks guys. My partner Joe Alesia who didn’t shoot the match, but came out and worked more than any one man should have to make this happen. To my cook David Yeatts, aka “Latin Guns” and his wife “Latin’s Lover” what a great team, thanks David. To Lusty Lil and all the “Cowboy” R.O.’s, you guys and gals were unbelievable, thank you. And a big thank you to all of the shooters that came out and supported this match, especially the “out of state” shooters. With the cost of fuel and everything I really appreciate your support. Thank you everyone.

(I’m sure I forgot someone, and I apologize)

Our sponsors: Olympic Arms, Vang Comp, Atlanta Arms & Ammunition, SureFire, Grams Eng, Glockworx, Hogue Grips, Arredondo Accessories, R&R Racing, C-More sights, California Competition Works, Fort Courage Armory, Scottsdale Gun Club, Starline Brass, Tac-Force, Dillon Precision, Action Targets, Dave’s Metal Works,

Please support these sponsors, which without we would have no prize table.

This was our first big match, and considering all of the adversity we encountered, we are very pleased with the out come. I can only hope that you as shooters enjoyed the match, the food, the prize table and would come back next year. I promise not to have near as much drama.

I have to take a minute and thank Olympic Arms for their generous support of this match. Their product is not allowed in California as you well know, but they still managed a way to get it to the shooters. The management at Olympic Arms put together complete rifles with "NON FUNCTIONING" lowers and sent them to the match; they will replace them with functioning rifles if you live in a state where they are legally allowed to sell them. If not, you are allowed to keep the upper and they will send you a gift certificate for the balance.

Thank you OLYMPIC ARMS.

I have already spoken with the management at Olympic Arms and they are so pleased with the way things turned out that they have already committed to being our main match sponsor again next year. How cool is that.

The scores can be found here. Olympic Arms X3 Multi Gun Scores

Sammy

• 2 weeks later...