Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to sign up for a Sporting/FITASC Tournament

EricW

I'm going to shoot some tourneys this spring/summer just to get some experience doing it. I really want to shoot FITASC, even though I know I'll probably tube it hard. But...I have no idea how to fill out the bloody form. I'm going to be starting in D-Class and will probably drop to E. I have no idea if I what I really should be signing up for and whether or not I'd be passing up a payout opportunity as the "best of the vurst."

http://www.mitchellsclaytargetsports.com/p...western.prn.pdf

What's the difference between "Class & Concurrent" and "Concurrent Only?"

Do I choose any of the options? "Class?" "Lewis?"

And...why do FITASC targets cost more than Sporting targets at a tournament? Is the money going to France?

Finally, I have a rules question: Do I *really* have to have a permanently attached stripe to my shooting jacket to mark my gun position? Does this mean a shooting jacket/vest is *required*? Can I put a stripe on my shirt(s) instead? I don't have a shooting vest and I'm kind of happy about that, but I'll buy one if I have to.

Thanks!

Edited by EricW

OH now your in the Deep Water :roflol:

Concurrent is what is sounds like

are you a lady and or a junior and or a old guy senior?

Lewis class is a payout class =Like a side bet. HOA wins only the master class $$$ = you will see a note about how much cash stays in class. BUT ! that is new to Fitasc = Fitasc used to be trophy only cash payout were not allowed.

The Strip on your vest can be with just a chalk line. the "Judge" can do it for you.

Big rule to remember 'Do not move until you can see the bird' = Do not turn your head neck or flex your butt.

Sou must have shorts that come to the knees and a shirt with some type of sleeve. Sandals are frowned on.

Some of the Judges may or should be wearing a tie.

Cost $$$ = it is slow and takes up more time on the course than regular Sporting. like $1 a bird for a tournament is the price from seven years ago.

Fitasc can be very rewarding when you shoot well, and from your earlier post you should love it. BUT it is Stuffy, No talking on the Pancor,

Send me a email if I can help more. I never did get certified to "Judge" Fitasc but I did teach it, along with Sporting.

When the French and German judges came for the World shoot, I had side bets on how long it would take for me to get thrown out. I lasted both days <_< I shot the first day wearing a Bow Tie

Yes you can just ware a shirt and put a stripe on that ...tape works too.

The judges will look at you like a peasant though

Edited by AlamoShooter

Ok I looked at the shoot page. Concurent does not meen the normal the lewis class is not for Fitasc

That is a confusing registration page by any standard.

Know what you want to shoot and bet on and they will help you with it

I sugest you stay away from the Lewis bet. = the class money bet is a better one

Lewis class is a payout for the shooters that sign up for it only, If you won your class and lots of shooters sign up as in $300 or more to hit it Top wins 30%+or- the guy at 75% wins the guy at 50% wins and the guy that places 25% wins.

the guy at 25% may only win 15% of the cash.

I won $500+ at a state shoot win I hit the 75% mark It cost $25 to play.

Edited by AlamoShooter

Yes you can just ware a shirt and put a stripe on that ...tape works too.

The judges will look at you like a peasant though

Masking tape, wifebeater, and flip-flops it is. :lol:

Thanks for the help!

F#$%^&* Incredibly Tough-A$$ Sporting Clays is what it's all about. Eric, I've shot the Top Gun shoot since it's inception and I'd be stupid not to since it's the most beautiful course in Washington if not the US and it's only a half hour from my house! The first time I ever shot FITASC was at the US Open at the late, great River Road in CA as a lowly D class shooter - talk about being intimidated, but the judges were very friendly and helpful and I've since shot many very large events, including the world shoot at Claythorne in '03 [10th in AA if I don't say so myself] and I still haven't been dq'd or penalized so never fear.

We can have a long talk about Lewis class, class or station options, etc, etc. tomorrow but it's a matter of opinion and how you feel. I always played the options as a lower class shooter but when you move up, the competition is really only among a select few [that's why they call Master class Donor Class] and I haven't played them for a few years. Given a large enough field though Lewis can pay off nicely so we can talk about it. Shouldn't be too hard to fill out that form - I can help if needed.

Eric,

Dan Mitchell is a friend of mine from years ago when he ran Wolf Creek. Don't hesitate to call him and ask any questions. He's retired Navy so use small words :roflol:

FITASC can make you pee a little and wish you were shooting the easy skeets.

Dave

FITASC can make you pee a little and wish you were shooting the easy skeets.

Dave

Wifebeater - check

Masking Tape - check

Flip Flops - check

Depends Undergarments - check

The only thing left is to swipe a baby stroller and build a gun mount out of duct tape and Coors Light boxes.