Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning Videos

Jeff686

Hi Henning (and everyone else),

I just reviewed the videos on your page again. Thanks for making them. They are very useful.

I have a Gold Team with C-more and Alex mount.

I have a few quick questions. I'm going to trim the mag catch spring, which seems to require complete disassembly of the whole lower.

How many coils should I trim? I don't need it super light, just lighter than it is now. I don't want to over trim it. I have a sidewinder installed, so it won't get bumped when laying on its side.

Is there enough room to disassemble everything, without removing the scope/mount?

If I have to remove the scope/mount, will it return to zero when I remount it? Should I use locktite? Blue or Red? How much torque on the screws?

Input from anyone is welcome.

Thanks!

Hey

You don't need to remove the scope mount, but everything else pretty much has to come out. I cut 2 coils off.

In fact, I'm working with a spring manufacturer to come up with a lighter mag release spring so you get the full length, just lighter.

Good luck ;-)

I trimmed the spring this afternoon. I only took about 1.5 coils, in fear of trimming too much.

I was able to get the trigger and yoke out without removing the safety and sear mechanism. Thanks for that, BritinUSA.

I knew better, but I still sent the pin flying as I pulled the plunger up. Luckily, I heard it land in the foyer (10 feet away, in the opposite direction).

Getting that plunger back down was difficult. I didn't have a tool the right diameter to push the pin against the spring, but not block the plunger from moving. The 1911 is so much easier. So far, that's my only complaint about the Tanfoglio.

The trigger pin went back in very easily, using Henning tip about the blind pin made from a brake cleaner straw. Worked like a charm!

Well, I went to a match today. Only my 3nd in Open and with the Tanfoglio. I was excited to try out the mag release, since I had trimmed it Friday.

The good news is that I didn't have any accidental dropped mags.

However, I also didn't have a chance to try a reload. I used the 23 and 29 round mags, and never once ran out. I love this open gun stuff.

Oh, and I shot a 71% on the classifier!!! Strong B! Not bad for 3rd match.

Congratas man!! These Tanfos are a hoot to shoot. Open is certainly different. The only stage I have had to reload so far for was an El Pres. Guess going Open means more time on presentation drills and less on reloads. Ha!!