Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We are our own worst enemy

I only read this initial post, from the OP, and I agree. Here's my perspective;

I've been a sportsman shooter/hunter and Army trained shooter for more than the past 25 years. Did my first IDPA event last Summer, as a walk along with a group, to get the feel of what goes on. Overall it was OK except for the after shooting time when we ate. I heard enough anti-Obama bullshit to fill an NRA recruitment evening. Yeah, I'm a Democrat, but you see, I started my military life with Ronald Reagan and went on through the Bushes. The Commander in Chief is democratically elected as part of the American process, and the CIC deserves that respect no matter what political party you're from.

I shoot for recreation and sport, not as a political activity. To listen to a bunch of whiny old men bitch about a certain political party is unattractive, no matter who they voted for or against. They can certainly exercise their freedom of speech and I'll take my money elsewhere to a place where Americans shoot for fun and pleasure, not a political statement of who they think they are, or who I'm SUPPOSED to vote for because I'm a shooter. It's too bad really, as the generation coming behind me is even less tolerant of this kind of crap, and where does that leave our shooters then?

The boys would gather down at the barber shop a couple hours before closing time, then go walk the fences together for pheasants, no matter who you voted for. Not anymore.

Not everyone shares the same political views. I dont eat lunch with people I dont want to. Bring some democrat friends & go through as a squad.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only read this initial post, from the OP, and I agree. Here's my perspective;

I've been a sportsman shooter/hunter and Army trained shooter for more than the past 25 years. Did my first IDPA event last Summer, as a walk along with a group, to get the feel of what goes on. Overall it was OK except for the after shooting time when we ate. I heard enough anti-Obama bullshit to fill an NRA recruitment evening. Yeah, I'm a Democrat, but you see, I started my military life with Ronald Reagan and went on through the Bushes. The Commander in Chief is democratically elected as part of the American process, and the CIC deserves that respect no matter what political party you're from.

I shoot for recreation and sport, not as a political activity. To listen to a bunch of whiny old men bitch about a certain political party is unattractive, no matter who they voted for or against. They can certainly exercise their freedom of speech and I'll take my money elsewhere to a place where Americans shoot for fun and pleasure, not a political statement of who they think they are, or who I'm SUPPOSED to vote for because I'm a shooter. It's too bad really, as the generation coming behind me is even less tolerant of this kind of crap, and where does that leave our shooters then?

The boys would gather down at the barber shop a couple hours before closing time, then go walk the fences together for pheasants, no matter who you voted for. Not anymore.

Not everyone shares the same political views. I dont eat lunch with people I dont want to. Bring some democrat friends & go through as a squad.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Woody Allen

I'll just add that is not always the Veteran shooters steering guys towards high end equipment. I have yet to ever squad with someone new who did ask me a ton of questions about my Open gun setup. I don't put anything in a new shooters mind, they put in there themselves. They watch the top finishers, they look around to see what is in everyones holsters. They listen to everyone talk about holsters, loads, springs etc. They see everything from Glock to STI winning but even the Glocks aren't stock. New sights, trigger etc. To sit there and tell someone to shoot a Glock in limited when all the top finishers used an STI is going to be hard to understand for the new guy. We all know or at least should know that a Glock is as competive as any other gun out there. Depending what club your at you may see alot of shooters with Glocks and go to the next club and most have STI. The new shooter with limited info doesn't know that.

The only time I have heard anyone telling someone to spend $$$ to be competitive is Open and its true. I don't think thats true in the other divisions as much meaning some base guns need a few upgrade like sights and triggers.

I know our club is shoot what you bring and if you don't have all the equipment we will go around and find some extra equipment for you.

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40