Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Gold Team

scottli

Getting ready to order a Witness Gold Team and I am looking for some tips.

Been a 1911 guy the Witness is all new to me.

1. Who should I order from?

2. What should I pay?

3. What is the usual turn around time for delivery?

4. 38 super or 40 any advantage or disadvantage?

5. Anything I should be aware of that will make the purchase unpleasant?

6. Are there 07 and 08 models?

7. Whats a V-8 and a V-12??

I appreciate any help. I prefer to get it right the first time.

1. Henning is your man for all things Tanfoglio. Check him out in the EAA/Tanfoglio forum here.

2. See #1 above

3. If in stock pretty quickly. If still in Italy think in glacial terms.

4. .38 SC is THE way to go.

5. Holster choice is a little limited.

6. Not sure if there are any of last years anywhere. Henning said the new models were arriving so probably not.

7. V8 and V12 refer to the type and number of barrel ports. The V12 is new for this year. Prior years were V8s.

8. Henning is THE man for Tanfoglio. Plus he is patient, easy to reach, and likes a good beer. How can you go wrong??

I agree with Neomet on most of his points.

Henning is the man, but Gold Teams may be a little hard still to find the V12 it just came into the states last shipment. You are gonna pay around 1650-1800 for the gun probably.

If the guns are out of stock in the US the wait is usually about 8 months between big shipments. 38SC is the way to go in a Witness being they are all large frame 9mm doesn't work well at the moment and big sticks can be bought usually pretty easily, they hold 29+1. The only unpleasant thing about these guns is how hard they are to get and if you are lucky enough to have to send it back for warranty work. I have a V12 and a V8 and I am not sure what one I like better at the moment, but I am still drifting towards the V8 model with a short dust cover. If you cant get one now be ready to wait.

Good Luck.

Leo

I agree with everything above.

I think Henning might have some in stock right now. I know that a shipment just arrived last month from Italy. I had been planning on getting one in 9mm, but found one in 38 super for a good price. I'm glad I did. The non-tapered 38 SC feed really well from the magazine. With Henning's base pad, I can get 23 rounds in the 140mm magazine (really tight though).