Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scoring Results Posted

BDH

Personally I love to do scores...so sometimes I wonder why this part of the long list of volunteer duties is always seen in a negative light. All I can say is that someone's gotta do it. For anyone that complains, all I ask is that they keep their handwriting as neat as possible because most of the time, my squinting and head scratching to decipher score sheet hieroglyphics is keeping me from posting scores.

Sometimes I try to challenge myself and see just how fast I can post them on our club's website after the day's shooting is done. I think I'm starting to turn into this chick when I score at night...The Calculator Lady :roflol:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that wants to bitch about anything relating to the quality of the stages or the number of rounds or the quantity of movers or lack thereof or the officiating or the time it takes to get results better be working their ass off.

Bingo!!!

If someone complains about the speed of results, and they are not already paying their dues by regularly working ar your match or someone else's, offer them the job.

forgot to mention that some shooters feel that they are paying customers and don't have to work at all. I say B.S. and we are better off without them!

abs

The way some fees are charged (members one price, "guests" = member price X2) sometimes you can't help but feel you're a "paying customer". -_-

Edited by kmca

forgot to mention that some shooters feel that they are paying customers and don't have to work at all. I say B.S. and we are better off without them!

abs

The way some fees are charged (members one price, "guests" = member price X2) sometimes you can't help but feel you're a "paying customer". -_-

So become a member not a guest!

abs

How many clubs should you be a member of? Every one that you attend matches at? If I traveled 2 hours to shoot a match, and paid double what someone who is a dues paying member at that club pays, and I tape targets all day just like they do, I'd feel like a paying customer too. Hell, several of us from this area regularly travel 4 or 5 hours to shoot 5 stage pistol matches. Should we be members at that club? Hell no! We extend the same courtesy to visitors to our club that they extend to us. An enjoyable day shooting for a reasonable price.

abs

How many clubs should you be a member of? Every one that you attend matches at? If I traveled 2 hours to shoot a match, and paid double what someone who is a dues paying member at that club pays, and I tape targets all day just like they do, I'd feel like a paying customer too. Hell, several of us from this area regularly travel 4 or 5 hours to shoot 5 stage pistol matches. Should we be members at that club? Hell no! We extend the same courtesy to visitors to our club that they extend to us. An enjoyable day shooting for a reasonable price.

And some times that is 4-5 hourse ONE WAY! Just saying!