Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking For AirSoft Guru Suggestions

MichiganShootist

I'm new to the world of AirSoft but would like to buy a sizable supply of biodegradable 6 mm pellets (5 - 10K) for my new toy. I really don't like the idea of tracking down the plastic pellets......but a lot of the WWW sites I looked at worry me when they gave information on their products.

I saw things like "100% biodegradable pellets made out of corn products and plastic"... Sorry .. but biodegradable plastic??? WTF???

The price range was also a shock. The range was 100%+ per K of pellets.

I'm hardly a tree hugger... but neither do I want to dump pounds of plastic out there on my property that will out-live even the local bugs.

Do any of you experienced AirSoft shooters have a source and product you can recommend for the gas powered 1911 pistol I recently bought from Manny Brag--- that will really disolve but still function in a reliable manner????

Lastly.. I'd really like a supplier in the U. S. A. I know-- I'm being difficult... but e-mailing a credit card number to a SE Asia company freaks me out !!!!

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by MichiganShootist

I don't know anything about Airsoft, but yep, you can expect to pay a healthy premium for eco-friendly pellets. They're not widely used yet, for one thing, and they cost more to manufacture. There is bio-degradable plastic; we've tried some of the black plastic mulch variety. It needed more cornstarch in it, I think. lol Eventually, it disappeared, but after years, not months. I know there's cornstarch packing peanuts that pretty much dissolve with water, and I'm betting those pellets do the same type of thing. Anyway, good luck with your search!

There are many dozens of suppliers on the www that have the bio-pellets and at prices only slightly higher than regular plastic.... I believe most are made out of highly compressed corn starch....but I hate doing business over the web with unknown SE Asian companies.

The great news is that I received a PM from Manny Bragg last night indicating that in the next couple weeks he will be stocking bio-pellets. Now we're talking!!! I know that if Manny sells it.... it will be a good product.

Now I'll just wait for him.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/about.htm

Our environmental policy: We feel it's our responsibility as a company to do our part to protect the environment. What we do:

We offer 100% biodegradeable BBs for sale on our Ammo page, as an alternative to the plastic kinds. Other Japanese brand BBs we sell are also partially biodegradeable, but not stated as a percentage until further tests are done.

Airsoft Atlanta has fast shipping and is of course US based. I havent bought any bio-degradable from them yet because I havent found any that are black. I'm just getting into it as a training alternative and have found that your eyes tend to follow white BB's instead of the sight (I think someone else on here also pointed that out in a thread), you cant see black BB's so I've been looking for black bio-d but havent found any.

Just wondering.......your bullets aren't biodegradable are they? So, why would you worry about a tiny (in comparison) BB?

I played with the air-soft for a while (inside) and picked up the BB'S with a shop-vac. They could be used again if you wanted to, but they are cheap enough to trash, rather than picking through the vac to recover them.

Buddy

Buddy

I only shoot bullets at a range or at a sand backstop I have a mile or so from my home.

One of the reasons I bought an AirSoft was for cheap target practice indoors.... but more importantly...IN MY YARD. It looks like with propane and pellets it will cost me something like 10 shots for a dime.... vs. even my reloaded ammo at a cost of 2,000 times more per shot.

I live on a lake and don't rellish the thought of 5 or 20 or 100K of the little 6 mm colorful plastic BBs washing into the lake with the rain. I figure the fish and the birds would be far to attracted to them..... hence my interest in bio-degradable pellets. Plus if I know they won't hurt the critters... then why break my back for less than a penny each trying to find them in the grass and pick them up.