Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

precision black bullets

cnote

Not precision delta. These are dry lube coated lead bullets. They claim no leading, no copper fouling and no messy lubes for the barrel. Anybody have any experience?????

I'm looking to load some cheaper rounds for practice. ($63.33 per 1000) These may be the answer if they aren't garbage Seems Berry's goes up every day. Any other options out there?

I don't think you will get Precision's black bullets for that price. I am paying $62.32 per 1K for 220gr .40s. 180gr .40s are $59.50 per 1K. They are hardcast lead, but clean up better than the coated bullets. And there isn't any more smoke than the black bullets. Actually I think there is less smoke.

• 5 months later...

Not to highjack the thread but has anybody had a point of impact shift with these bullets. I went from a 147gn MG at abot 925 FPS to a 125 gn Precision at about 1080fps and had my impact move 3" to the left. The group was only slightly larger than the montanna gold.

Mule

Edited by SingleStacker45

Not to highjack the thread but has anybody had a point of impact shift with these bullets. I went from a 147gn MG at abot 925 FPS to a 125 gn Precision at about 1080fps and had my impact move 3" to the left. The group was only slightly larger than the montanna gold.

Mule

It is not uncommon to move zero with change in load. Although I usually only have to move up and down and not left to right.

JZ

That's what I would expect but alternating back to the MG 147 load my zero is back on. Since the Precision is going faster would it also spin faster causing the shift? Yawing perhaps? I'm gonna try some 124 MG's with the same load and see what happens.

Mule

Mule

It is not uncommon to move zero with change in load. Although I usually only have to move up and down and not left to right.

JZ

Not precision delta. These are dry lube coated lead bullets. They claim no leading, no copper fouling and no messy lubes for the barrel. Anybody have any experience?????

I'm looking to load some cheaper rounds for practice. ($63.33 per 1000) These may be the answer if they aren't garbage Seems Berry's goes up every day. Any other options out there?

I don't think you will get Precision's black bullets for that price. I am paying $62.32 per 1K for 220gr .40s. 180gr .40s are $59.50 per 1K. They are hardcast lead, but clean up better than the coated bullets. And there isn't any more smoke than the black bullets. Actually I think there is less smoke.

I have about 10K of precision 45 230rnf and some 200swc. I prefer the 230 rnf.. cycles better in my gun. It is a great bullet. I havent had any problems in my 1911. The lead times arent that bad and the folks there send you and email and tracking when the bullets go out. Really great customer service! I just purchased some BBI 230rn bullets too.. havent tried them yet. Still waiting for those to come in.

I use the 185s in .40 and the 200s in .45 and have had great results with both. They are a good compromise between the high cost of jacketed and the dirtiness of lead. As with everyone else, my only complaint has been the time it takes to get them. Order early and order often.

I use the 185s in .40 and the 200s in .45 and have had great results with both. They are a good compromise between the high cost of jacketed and the dirtiness of lead. As with everyone else, my only complaint has been the time it takes to get them. Order early and order often.

agreed. I am trying to keep 20K of bullets in stock and 44K of primers in stock. Is that typical for most shooters?

This resurrected thread caught my eye.....I recently tried their 9mm 147 grain FP. unfortuntately, I found they fouled my rifling and some key-holed (1 or 2%). :( Otherwise, I liked them....very clean to load and handle, not too smoky (but a little more than FMJ's). Reading the tips on their website, they caution against using a Lee Factory Tapper Crimp Die - which I am using - so that may be the culprit. Oh well, I like the Lee die so I'm reluctant to see if it is actually the cause or if it is inherent in the bullets themsilves for my loads. FWIW, I was loading 3.2 gr N320 to an OAL of 1.100" and getting 880 fps from a CZ Shadow.