Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carmonized 627

wfv56

I added a 627 PC 5 inch gun recently. Man was I bummed with the factory DA pull of about twelve pounds. Also loaded moons (TK) would not drop in with 158 plated bullets. I installed a Wolf spring set that dropped the pull about two pounds. So I send the gun to Mike Carmony for tuning. The total time the gun is gone is eight days. Shipping time consumed six days. Yep Mike's turn around was less than 48 hours-!! Well now the gun has a 4.5 pound double action that is smooth as silk. Moon's can be thrown in the general direction of the cylinder and drop in. Service like this deserves a public thank you. Mike thanks a ton. I will send my 625 next. Bill Vaughan

Thank you Bill, I'm really glad you're pleased with your 627! I didn't measure the trigger pull on your revolver before sending it back, but I thought it it felt like the typical 6 pound DA that I usually put on competition revolvers that will be shot with well-seated Federal primers only. Your gun did come out nice, though! Anyway, I always shoot at least 80-100 rounds of my match ammo through the gun to make sure it's working 100% before I lock everything down--and your gun never missed a beat.

I've noticed recently that a lot of production S&W revolvers are coming out with yokes that are slightly too long, causing the back of the cylinder (actually the extractor mechanism) to rub on the frame. Absolutely zero endshake might actually be worse than too much endshake. When you do a "spin-check" there's hardly any spin. This really adds to the trigger pull weight. Fortunately, it's an easy fix, a couple very gentle turns with the yoke barrel reamer gets everything spinning smoothly. Bill, this was one issue I found (and fixed) on your 627.

Thanks again for the kind words. :)

That is really cool! I have been waiting two months to get my STI back, and it makes me sad to have one of my chicks away from the nest. Glad to hear that yours is home safe better condition and in a quickness.

Yes, Bill, in fact the majority of the Carmonized hammers out there are MIM hammers, including those on my own competition guns:

hammer2.jpg

I'll be watching for your 625, and once again should have no trouble getting the work done for you in a couple days.

Gee, that pic sure looks familiar...

I've got 200 rounds loaded with Federal primers, Clays, and 230gr. Rainiers and I'm shooting every dang one of 'em on Tuesday! :D

Shortly after I got it, I was at Sportsman's Warehouse fondling a 627, chit-chatting with the guy behind the counter, he's an IDPA shooter, I mentioned I just got a 625 and he said, "You oughta have Carmoney work it over for you"! 2 steps ahead of you, pal.