Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gone Baby Gone

Jman

I liked everything but the ending. Ben A. may be a doorknob, but he can direct pretty well.

Yeah, he should stay behind the camera. His little brother is a better actor.

Jim M

Casey was so good as the geeky little goof in "Good Will Hunting" that I tended to think of that character whenever I heard or read his name (which also means he pulled that role very well, if not too well). I thought GBG showed provided him a chance to display a much broader range with considerable depth of character. Very good performance that left me looking forward to his next role.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Not sure where I was when this came out but I had never heard of it. The wife got it on Netflix and it sat around the house for a week because it didn't sound like the sort of thing I normally watch but we watched it last night. Wow! Pretty intense story line. As many twists and turns as the road to Hana. And I never cared for BA as an actor but was impressed at his directing ability. Liked the fact that he used "real", "ordinary" people in the cast instead of the typical "pretty" people.

I liked this movie. I really liked the book. In fact I've liked everything I've read by Dennis Lehane. Mystic River, Shutter Island and especially Darkness, Take My Hand. That Darkness is really, really Dark.