Enough Spaghetti talk aready!

jobob

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have not had any problems out of my 1100. I have even won overall shotgun for a 3 gun matches. I am not a big 3 gun shooter. I enjoy shooting 3 gun for a change maybe once or twice a year. To each their own. If my 1100 starts giving me problems then maybe I would look for a different shotgun.

A question for all you Remmy shooters...

Why is it there are always many many more Remmy shooters bragging on their shotguns the first day of a big match than the second day? :huh:

Haven't noticed that. Maybe because there are more Remy shooters? I don't brag them up at a match. I just shoot them, and they work, except when they don't, but that's usually an ammo problem. :blush:

Oh, and to all you slobbering spaghetti launchers who say you like your pasta because it's more reliable than a Remy. Well, I'll believe that you believe that reliability trumps other factors when I see a Glock in your holster!

Ha! Take that! :D

there is a glock in my holster :) So what does that say since I shoot a glock and a remmy?

Well, if I were, hypothetically, the sort to engage in plebeian trash talk I'd say, "You really don't come here for the hunting, do you?"

:D

No pictures yet? :o If your going to brag on your Remington shotgun then you need to at least post a picture of it. :D

This winters project was to get my Remington 1100 ready for this years 3-gun/multi-gun matches. It replaces my Browning BPS as my 3-gun shotgun. I have test fired it and its worked very well. It cycles everything from very light 7/8oz loads to slugs. I am looking forward to my first 3-gun match were I don't have to shuck a pump gun.

both.jpg

Top: Browning Stalker 3.5 inch chamber 26 inch barrel, Converted Tac-star magazine extension.

Bottom: Remington 1100, 26 inch barrel, DMW magazine extension, Choate Combat handle, DMW Easyloader, William's clamp on rib rifle sights, custom paint job (by your's truly)

mcb

Edited by mcb

Me - "Hello everyone, my name is Doug and I shoot a Remmy. . . ."

Remmy Support Group - "Hello Doug"

My 1100CM is a ton of fun to shoot, very soft on the shoulder, quick transitions, and stylish good looks (sort of) - but (there had to be a but, right) it's just not as reliable as it should be. I had 3 malfunctions (nothing serious, but they all took time to clear) over the course of 7 stages at the High Plains Shotgun challenge. I enjoy winning (or at least placing well) way too much for that to be acceptable.

In a perfect world, I'd have an M2 tricked out and ready to run, but I'll run the Remmy until I'm in a position to get a Benelli.

I did not win a 3 Gun Nationals until Benny built me a Benelli. :cheers:

and a pistol too!

You can miss that statement once and just skip over it the second time, but you really need to pay attention the third time.---------Larry

Edited by Larry White

Yep, the pasta sauce snobs are taking over big time! But I'm not worried. I know that it's just because the extra recoil they endure rattles their brains! They know not what they say. ;)

There's a forum for Glocks. Why not a forum for Remies? One of the forum rules would have to be "No Pizza Talk"! :rolleyes:

That all said, I shot a Winchester SX2 for the first time yesterday. I'm fairly impressed. Lighter and quicker cycling than a Rem. A little more recoil, but not as bad as a Benelli. From my understanding it cycles faster than anything out there. Not that I can take advantage of that. We can't all be Shotgun Kelly! :D

Man I just loaded up my 1100's into my Fiat and am headed to a match. Ok here we go!!!

...(damn, didn't start)

...(damn, didn't start)

...(damn, didn't start)

That's it! I'm putting this car out of it's misery! (loads 1100)

click.

click.

clunk! (what just flew out the side of my 1100?)

ya know what Fiat stands for?

Fix It Again Tony...

Man I just loaded up my 1100's into my Fiat and am headed to a match. Ok here we go!!!

...(damn, didn't start)

...(damn, didn't start)

...(damn, didn't start)

That's it! I'm putting this car out of it's misery! (loads 1100)

click.

click.

clunk! (what just flew out the side of my 1100?)

ya know what Fiat stands for?

Fix It Again Tony...

That's why I used it.

I think 1100 is how much extra dinero you have to put in the gun before it runs. ;)

Wait a minute, as the title states, if "Real Men" shoot Remmys then

why is every Remmy shooter complaining about the recoil of a Benelli with slugs ??? :blink::P

Real men shoot guns that work, win, no matter how hard they hit!!! :o:D

I have seen Benellis jam at every 3 gun match I have been to.

my own remington failed at USPSA multigun nats....bad recoil spring.

My wifes brand new 1187 20ga lost the bolt handle at RM3gun....stuff just happens.

All auto loading shotguns will jam or fail at some point...they are only machines and made by man...and imperfect!!

The very notion that a benelli or any other firearm is soooo good it never fails...well..its just foolish.

As far as benellis go ...Benny is a master at making them work as well as possable.

Others do fine work on Remingtons .

What ever you shoot...shotguns need special care to take the pounding we give them.

My good friend Damon has gone far to convince me work on Remingtons for people.

I think that so few people are willing to learn and work the 1100...that folks are looking for any alternative.

Being kinda set in my ways...I will continue to learn all I can about the 1100s...keep shooting them ...and keep working on them.

They are imperfect....but they suit me. :closedeyes:

Jim

I have seen Benellis jam at every 3 gun match I have been to.

my own remington failed at USPSA multigun nats....bad recoil spring.

My wifes brand new 1187 20ga lost the bolt handle at RM3gun....stuff just happens.

All auto loading shotguns will jam or fail at some point...they are only machines and made by man...and imperfect!!

The very notion that a benelli or any other firearm is soooo good it never fails...well..its just foolish.

As far as benellis go ...Benny is a master at making them work as well as possable.

Others do fine work on Remingtons .

What ever you shoot...shotguns need special care to take the pounding we give them.

My good friend Damon has gone far to convince me work on Remingtons for people.

I think that so few people are willing to learn and work the 1100...that folks are looking for any alternative.

Being kinda set in my ways...I will continue to learn all I can about the 1100s...keep shooting them ...and keep working on them.

They are imperfect....but they suit me. :closedeyes:

Jim

Well said Jim. However, this thread has devolved into name calling already so level headed, well thought out comments should be banned. ;) Actually I'm with you on this one. Machines break. All machines break. If you like one more than the other, shoot it.

But never and I mean NEVER paint a gun pink! :P