Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Enough Spaghetti talk aready!

jobob

....who shoot Remingtons, are proud of it, and want to talk about them?

To start, I have an 11-87 and an 1100 Tactical (green). Both have the interceptor latch "fix", modified Easy Loader, lowered and enlarged loading port. All work done by Shawn Carlock (too bad he only does MORs now). They are both excellent and reliable 3-gun shotguns, though I hate cleaning them. (BTW, anyone who enjoys cleaning guns needs counselling!)

I really can't understand all the rush to pizza sauce and pasta that seems to be the rage. I can shoot garlic cloves in place of bird shot out of my Remies and do just as well! :devil:

Oh, I shouldn't talk I suppose. After all I shoot plastic sauerkraut for a pistol, but that's for another forum! ;)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have an 1100. Synthetic stock, 21" barrel threaded for chokes and an extension tube that gives me 7+1. It has served for a handful of 3gun matches. In fact, it is such a great 3gun shotgun I am selling it to a friend and buying a Benelli. :devil:

I have an 1100. Synthetic stock, 21" barrel threaded for chokes and an extension tube that gives me 7+1. It has served for a handful of 3gun matches. In fact, it is such a great 3gun shotgun I am selling it to a friend and buying a Benelli. :devil:

I don't see how you can say you would sell a Remmy...to a friend. :ph34r:

I have a1100cm and 2 Benelli's. I enjoy shooting the remingtion more but I will shoot the Benelli if I have to. The 1100 is set up for tactical. 1 of the Benelli's is open class with a jpoint. I just purchased the other from a friend that is in need of $. I tried to not buy it but he made an offer that I wasnt going to pass on as someone else would. I feel the 1100 is softer shooting, especially with slugs. It is tempermental at times. I have learned to change the O-ring every 300 rounds or so. I doesnt give me trouble if I stay on top of that issue. The Benelli on the other hand doesnt like light loads unless you change a few things. I absolutely hate shooting slugs with it. IfI find another 1100cm at a good price though I will buy it.

Man I just loaded up my 1100's into my Fiat and am headed to a match. Ok here we go!!!

...(damn, didn't start)

...(damn, didn't start)

...(damn, didn't start)

That's it! I'm putting this car out of it's misery! (loads 1100)

click.

click.

clunk! (what just flew out the side of my 1100?)

Derek wrote:

(man, I hope my 1100 runs tomorrow )

I hope you have combo cleat and 5 buckle boots / hip waders to wear.

jobob wrote:

To start, I have an 11-87 and an 1100 Tactical (green). Both have the interceptor latch "fix", modified Easy Loader, lowered and enlarged loading port.

Okay, that's a new one on me: What is this interceptor latch "fix" you speak of?

Okay, on the modified Easy Loader, what was done to it?

(I just put an EZ loader in my 1100 Fudd gun last week. It does run. It just doesn't lock back (no LRBHO). Yeah, I know what I have to do to fix it. The search function here is pretty good like that.)

Edited by Chills1994

I don't know everything that goes into the interceptor latch "fix", but there is an allen head screw through the side of the reciever that wasn't there before. It is threaded into the interceptor latch retainer to maintain proper tension on the latch. He said if I start having malfunctions just tighten up on the screw and that should fix it, assuming the malf is caused by the latch.

The mod. to the Easy Loader is essentially shortening it by about 1/2". Helps keep the thumb from getting caught. He also installs it differently than the instructions call for, but I have no idea what that difference is.

I do most of my own work on Glocks, 1911s, and ARs, but I don't know my way around a shotgun well enough yet to feel comfortable working on one. Maybe I should just cut loose with a Dremel and file and see how many formerly good guns I can wreck before I learn what I'm doing. :lol:

Sirroco38s has it right. Remy's are just more pleasant to shoot. Keep them maintained, feed them ammo they like, and they run fine.

That is just what she tells yoo...

I absolutely hate shooting slugs with it. IfI find another 1100cm at a good price though I will buy it.

gee my wife loves shooting slugs out of her Benelli..............

All joking aside, I like shooting 1100's. They are comfortable as hell and when they work they are great. I think reliablity doesn't seem to come as easy as it does for linguini launchers. If someone is a good gun mechanic I think they can be great guns. I'm just too lazy to become a great gunsmith. I personally like the latch on the bottom of the gun instead of a button on the side. BUT since I'm not as interested in maintainence as shooting I run a Benelli. Plus it's kind of fun picking on remington shooters, they get defensive kind of like (pick your group). :devil:

That is just what she tells yoo...
I absolutely hate shooting slugs with it. IfI find another 1100cm at a good price though I will buy it.

gee my wife loves shooting slugs out of her Benelli..............

you've seen her shoot her 12.. she almost always has a smile on her face

I heard a story about Benning last year, when it was really cold and nobody could find any thin oilve oil and all of the Benellis were shooting single shot and the Remmys were running fine. The story was relayed by a current Benelli purist that refuses to publicly admit the event. You can come out of th closet Tom Cruise!

i gotta 1100 w/ a 23" upland game vent rib, double bead barrel that runs anything pretty much. that barrel rocks, great patterns, never hardly use even a improved cylinder choke. it doesn't like full power slugs, and neither do I! and i've got alot of rounds thru it, and it's never broken anything(knock wood). bennelli's kick like a horse, and i can never figure out why those eyetalian guys thought they could make shotguns out of a bunch of leftover motor scooter parts........

I LOVE MY REMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There I said it and I'm proud of it!!!!! I hear all the horror stories but have not lived through one. I do clean mine after every match and change my O rings religously. Take care of her and she will take care of you. I have even taken her out and shot trap with her, i love the look I get, esp when I get 22-23 out of 25 with my 22 inch barrel. :)

First off.....FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SHOOT REMMY'S AT 3 GUN MATCHES. Now that I've said it, you all KNOW who you real friends are!!! :lol:

As for the spaghetti guns not working in the.....its gonna be an oil/maintainence/load issue. Up here in the frozen tundra (MinnnieSnowta), we shoot the spaghetti launchers in zub zero temps and they work fine. They may launch slugs a little harder on your shoulder, but being of 'lower' center of gravity, I've never had an issue or noticed it. (thats when I actually shoot a 12 gauge).

I have a Remmy 1100 set up for tactical.......any of my friends wanna buy it??? It's fast becoming a closet queen.

Nah....over all the Remmy is a good shotgun, ALL semi-auto's have their quirks for 3 GUN.....including the spaghetti launchers.

As for those people who talk about blowing a seal every once in a while....would you be so proud if you blew a walrus too?? Ok, where's Merlin??

Edited by TRUBL