Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forum member Bill Rosenthal

Nik Habicht

...................May his family get through these tough times with as much ease as is possible.

I can say Bill was one of those guys that was worth knowing.

FYI.............To honor Bill keep a watch out for a special match hosted by OBCATS - most likely it will happen on the weekend of June 21-22. Proceedes will go help the family.

I only met Bill a few years ago, and to tell the truth, I didn’t take to well to him at first.

But I grew to like him real fast and I’m very saddened by his passing.

He helped me with ammo when I switched to .40 cal. Then helped mentor me through

reloading. Supplied me with components when I needed them.

He mentored me on stage set-up. I never understood why he spent so much time arranging targets but, when you think about it, it’s a lot like arranging bridesmaids for a photograph (he was professional photographer.)

I bought a few things from Bill, all great stuff. The last thing I bought from him was his

shotgun, he set the price not on what it was worth but on what he needed to get for the

shotgun he wanted. I made out like a bandit and Bill was glad for me. I wasn’t even

going to try it out, as I know it would be in perfect working order, but Bill insisted. Even

from his hospital bed he made arrangements to get me an accessory that came with it.

One time I was talking to him and his teenage daughter, Dawn. I asked what he was going to do on his vacation and She answered “spending time with me.” If your teenage daughter want to spend time with you, you know you’re doing sometime right.

Bill would stop by my sandwich shop about once a week and we would have some great

talks about life, family, business and shooting. I will miss these most of all.

Bill was a good man and I’ll miss him.

Edited by George Post

Sad and sudden news. Bill is a great person and shooter, but most of all he was a good shooting friend. Next time I shoot a match at Old Bridge the first round down range is for you Bill.

See you on the other side.

My heart goes out to his family,, Bill was truly a guy that cared about others and one that made a difference in the manny lives he touched. He will be missed and remembered by all of us. And at the end of day we can all say " he was a really nice guy" Rest in peace my friend.