Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Citori Invector

Bob Hostetter

A family friend has a older Browning Citori, 12ga, 28" barrels, screw in tubes, field grade. It appears to be in excellent condition and is still very tight. Owner claims less then a couple of 100 rounds thru it. He wants to sell it and told me to make him an offer. The only markings I was able to find was "Invector".

Anybody have any idea what it might be worth?

I agree with HSMITH on the price range. For some reason you'll occasionally see a field grade Browning with factory wood that looks like their grade Six walnut. As you can imagine, pretty stocks can bring more money.

Yes, it is a good shotgun for that, and $500 is as cheap as you will likely ever see a gun of that quality.

You will probably want to knock the forcing cones out to 4-5", the gun you are looking at is old enough that it was made prior to factory Citori's with back boring and long forcing cones. Hastings should still make extended choke tubes for it, half the price of the big names and every bit as good.

Holy crap! $500 is a bargain. Rarely do I see a good Citori for less than $800 around these parts ... in any condition.

If you don't take it, keep me posted. I could use a spare field gun.