Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My First 1911 Build

CSEMARTIN

The extractor is installed and tuned. The firing pin, spring and stop block are all in. The ejector needs to be tuned and the plunger tube needs to be installed. Other than that, I should be off to the range soon.

I was going to wait until everything was fitted before I put the sights back on but I couldn't wait.

I'm thinking I'll blue the slide and chrome the frame.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The extractor is installed and tuned. The firing pin, spring and stop block are all in. The ejector needs to be tuned and the plunger tube needs to be installed. Other than that, I should be off to the range soon.

I was going to wait until everything was fitted before I put the sights back on but I couldn't wait.

Get a sand blast or bead blast from harbor freight. Leave it in white.

this way, if it gets scratched, just blast it again and some scotch brite.

Man, that's lookin' good! I really wish I can do something like that. Are you going to lower the ejection port or leave it as is?

Thank you. I'm not sure about the ejection port. It's one of those things on the back of my mind. For now, I want to get it running, and I have a lot of work to do on the trigger.

One quick Q. on weight though - with that heavy magwell, solid trigger and the heavier-than-usual Caspian frame (small window cut out) will the gun make the weight limit?
I can tell you, that gun will be touch and go for 43 oz.

41 Ounces with an empty mag. That was without the front and rear sights. And it still needs a plunger tube.

I think it's going to make it.

Edited by CSEMARTIN

Sweet Bro.

Now that I have high speed I finally can enjoy the pictures. The difference between 28Kbs and 27Mps is amazing.

You have done and learned a ton on this project.

I'd send it to Matt and let him give it a deep royal blue job.

Great work Chris.... you've got the hands of a sturgeon.....

Oh wait.... maybe that's --- surgeon :lol:

If you have your thumb on the thumb safety, that square corner on the side of the slide right above the slide stop might catch you on the way back

when it cycles.

• 2 weeks later...

I started working on the ejector tonight. It's a bit long so I milled the back and finished it by hand. I still need to cut it down to 1.10" and do some shaping. I just ran out of time--a recurring theme.

Thanks Toolguy. I appreciate the encouragement. It'll get done one of these days...

I'd send it to Matt and let him give it a deep royal blue job.

We've talked about it. I had a chance to see one of Matt's bluing jobs. WOW! A buddy of mine bought a gun Matt built, and it turned out spectacular.

I can't think of a more fitting way to end this project than to have the guy that's been a part of this build from the very beginning finish the gun with a nice deep blue finish!!

Looking good guy. I wish I had your patience. I usually end up throwing my projects together in a hurry and they run but they aren't blueprinted like yours looks like it's going to be. I guess I'm always going to be a gun mechanic (and backyard variety at that!) rather than a gunsmith.