Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom open Tanfo from Henning/Canyon Creek

Neomet

Hey guys,

Rather than hog more bandwith by reposting the photos of the new uber-gun which arrived today here is a link to it in the gallery. It feels like am amazing pice of hand fitted custom equipment. Oh wait.... thats right, it IS an amazing pice of hand fitted custom equipment.

Henning, you rock 'bro!!

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62810

Edited by Neomet

Hi everyone,

I was lucky enough to be there when he picked up his new gun (I work at the gun club that Neomet had Henning ship it to) and the thing is amazing! Really well balanced, light and alot of attention to detail. I am sure it will shoot amazingly.

Well shot the bad boy. The gun is very nicely balanced and I love the grip angle. The gun is really nice and tight. Dead-nuts accurate as well. The Barry mount seems really easy to index. I've goofed with some other open guns and it was a challenge to find the sight. Not so here. My load was a little hot (7.5 of 7625 under a 124 CMJ put me right at 175pf) but I love the recoil impulse even at that PF. The slideracker just catches the thumbrest when I take the slide off but nothing that a visit to Mr. Dremel won't cure. Mags run slick as owl poop. Not much blast out of the comp, but then again I'm not shooting 3n37, or as I like to call it "shock and awe".

Now I just need to dial the charge down a bit. I'm thinking about 168-170 to be sure I'm working the comp as much as possible.

More to follow!!! :D:D:D

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give a quick update on the blaster. After talking with Henning I ended up turning it into a V6 which dropped the PF down so I am dialing the charge back up. Looks like about 7.6 of 7625 or 8.0 of N350. I'm going to get out to the range on Tuesday to chrono and compare.

The gun is breaking in great. I've only had two malfunctions (failure to feeds) in 2k rounds. Of course one had to be on a classifier... :angry2: The accuracy is, if anything, improving. Just got back from the indoor range and shot a 3/4" 5 shot group at freehand at 20 yards. Of course that was the best grouping, but all that means to me is I need to keep working on my accuracy.

I continue to be impressed with the feel of the gun. I get a really good grip on my draws and the gun just seems to fit me really well.

I'll have to shoot a V8 so I can compare the two. I'm kinda curious.....

I'll post some new photos once I clean it up. Been learning to drive this bad boy so haven't really supercleaned it in a bit.

Just wanted to give a quick update on the blaster. After talking with Henning I ended up turning it into a V6 which dropped the PF down so I am dialing the charge back up. Looks like about 7.6 of 7625 or 8.0 of N350. I'm going to get out to the range on Tuesday to chrono and compare.

The gun is breaking in great. I've only had two malfunctions (failure to feeds) in 2k rounds. Of course one had to be on a classifier... :angry2: The accuracy is, if anything, improving. Just got back from the indoor range and shot a 3/4" 5 shot group at freehand at 20 yards. Of course that was the best grouping, but all that means to me is I need to keep working on my accuracy.

I continue to be impressed with the feel of the gun. I get a really good grip on my draws and the gun just seems to fit me really well.

I'll have to shoot a V8 so I can compare the two. I'm kinda curious.....

I'll post some new photos once I clean it up. Been learning to drive this bad boy so haven't really supercleaned it in a bit.

Interested in how you did the change to a V6, did you just get it drilled or did you go with something like EDM??

Interested in how you did the change to a V6, did you just get it drilled or did you go with something like EDM??

I had the smith at Angus' shop down in Mesa do the porting. He has had some very good results with cone porting so we went with that in a V6 configuration.

• 4 weeks later...
Its the extended one that Henning sells. Works fine by me. It's not one of the monster paddle safeties but it clicks off every time I swing at it!

I can't find one it on Henning's web page...

where??

Never mind, found it.

Edited by Jeff686