Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

31+1 Reloadable mags.... I just got Mine!

f250sd

30, 31, 32 rounds in a mag, or 21, 22 in a Limited mag, no, it is not necessary, but.....

Hell, the cool factor is a 10/10!!!! :cheers:

ALL the other kids are gonna wanna see your toy, and that alone makes it worthwhile!!!

I do agree tho, in a 32 round COF, I can find a place to reload, IF I was shooting Open, which I am not.

Do I have a few of the 21/22's for Limited, YOU Betcha :goof:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just dont see how your going to get the reliability out of something designed to hold 28-29 rounds. I also have to wonder how often you will need to replace the springs. Are Bolens Basepads/followers something special that allow an extra 2-3 rds???? you would need a mini follower and the worlds thinnest basepad to accomplish this. I'm already getting 21 in limited, and 29 in bigsticks. that is plenty and has been proven reliable for some time now. How many of you know Bolen? I know Howard Smith and I support him and trust him. If he's not goin for 31 rds, there's gotta be a really good explanation as to why not. Something to think about. What about Bevin, Dave Dawson, Bob Londigran, and the rest of the premier mag tuners?

I think reliability is what we are all truly looking for. If my gun held 34 rounds but only got off 6 before the mag puked, what is my $250 mag going to win me? a match, or cool points in the safe area? I'd rather have the mags that "gleam" from from a mile away that tell other shooters... "Hey check out those HSMITH polished tubes with the custom etching."....... "Niiiiiiice"!

I don't think Howard is going to jump in this thread because he's a class act, and wouldn't want to be "that guy" on the forums. Thats why I trust him. He has a proven success record and remains extremely humble. Please let me know how you like your mags after 2k+ rds. I am interested to hear about your experiences, good or bad. thanks!

there lies the question flex, does it actually work, and for how long? I wish other mag tuners would step in and give us there unbridled opinion of what works and what does not. I listen to people I look up to and respect. I don't know bolen, so it just sounds too good to believe. That is why I would like hear about shooters experiences over time with them. thats all.

Hope none is offended

:cheers:

I know Bolen... and his stuff flat out runs. There is no question about that. For those that were concerned about it not being IPSC legal, he made a 3mm pad to get the 170mm limit and still hold 30 rounds.

Ive tried other base pads and followers 29 rnds was all i could get . then switched to bolen parts 31 reloadable i have 1500 rnds through my mike voigt 9mm open gun . most of the time you may not need 31 but a few times it made the diff . maybe A / M/ GM CLASS Shooters can get by with 29 i do know . mike voigt and other top shooters have bolen tuned mags and they dont shoot with junk equipment .it comes down to who you trust .Mr bolen was not happy with what he had so he made his own . that what makes America great . my 2 cents mike slusher a15221

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you need a mag with more bullets .... you have already lost. It's not a matter of how many rounds you need. It's a matter of "make-up shots". If you need to make up shots you are losing time - not rounds.

The real answer is SHOOT MORE ACCURATELY! :) ( I know easier said than done)

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you need a mag with more bullets .... you have already lost. It's not a matter of how many rounds you need. It's a matter of "make-up shots". If you need to make up shots you are losing time - not rounds.

I completely agree but one of these days I may miss and want an extra round.

I want as many rounds as I can legally carry. Stuff happens and if you have to rack slide, there goes a round. And it never happens in practice or at local match, only at the matches where you paid a lot of money. Then you'd wish you had 31+1.

I've been shooting with Mr. Bolen for a few years now. He has been running these mags for a while before he started tuning other peoples mags. A couple other guys I know have had theirs for a little while, with 1000's through them. Thats why I had mine done. He designed all his own parts around his tuned tubes to get the most capacity possible while maintaning reliability. And that he did. Him and some other guys run them in 9mm, I run 38SC, They all work. There is no such thing as a free reload, so why not have as many rounds as you can? And if that wasn't true we'd all be shooting 140mm mags with factory pads, right?

Yes, I'll be sure to tell Manny Bragg that next time I see him.... after watching him take over a second off Dave Sevigny's time on two different 22 round stages in two consecutive Double Tap matches because he had 22 rounds in the gun at the start and Dave only had 21. :rolleyes:

Capacity is not a solution to a shooting problem. Capacity can be the solution to a strategy problem, and in the cases where it pays off, it makes a significant difference. Its foolish to think that an extra two rounds will make you suddenly start winning matches - but when matches are routinely won by less than a match point, and a second on a stage is worth 10 points... well, you do the math. Its not a matter of "need", its a matter of having options available in assessing a stage - sometimes the guy with more options has a faster route.

I'm not trying to fan the flames here, but this comment sounds a little funny. If it was ONLY about the shooting then why did we every get away from single stacks?

For all the naysayers... here it is in action! ---> 31+1

gauge.jpg

We also trialed 21+1 Limited .40 mags without problems. We even tried 22+1 successfully but will only guarantee 21+1.

And, I'm guessing not many of you shot Manny Bragg's stage at Florida State '07... a 32 round mag would have won that stage outright, IMO.

I asked before...Limited legal????

APPENDIX D2 — Limited Division

Special conditions:

— Any complete handgun or components with a minimum production of 500

units by a factory and available to the general public.