Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who is he? He calls himself a world renowed IPSC shooter. I have never heard of him?

He made the Converse All-Star shoe. :D

If you do a search here you will find he is an old timer who was pretty good.

I've done a search and didn't find any good info on him, other than he is a grumpy old man that doesn't like IPSC.

I've done a search and didn't find any good info on him, other than he is a grumpy old man that doesn't like IPSC.

Several of the grumpy old men who founded IPSC don't like that it became the sport we play today. Chuck knows his stuff and is an excellent instructor in "The Modern Method." At one time he was director of operations at "Orange" Gunsite.

:cheers:

He also used to write for Soldier Of Fortune Magazine. His regular column was called Full Auto. I have some Issues that I keep from 1976 through 1978. If you can find some of these issues, you would get a hoot at some of the stuff in them. Even some of Chucks stuff seems so archane now 30 years later. :)

Kind of makes me feel old when this happens.

Chuck Taylor had one of the premier tactical training programs 15 or so years ago when I took 1 of his classes and his articles were appearing in almost all relevant gun magazines. He was one of the top guys.

Now people have to ask who he is. Time marches on.

No offense to sestock.

He was a member of the 1978-79 IPSC united States Team and I think finished second in the IPSC World Shoot.

He was also the original editor of SWAT magazine.

IIRC, Chuck finished 6th...still one hell of an achievement....

In a specialized sport like ours it takes a very forward thinker to be relevant next week.

Chuck and others managed to stay relevant for a lot longer than that.

The 'Basics' are still the 'Basics'

IF ole Chuck still had his wheels he would still be way up in the standings with his "old and outdated" way of doing his thing....

The way the "sport" is practiced today is better but the improvements are still only incremental...IMHO anyway. :cheers:

In a specialized sport like ours it takes a very forward thinker to be relevant next week.

Chuck and others managed to stay relevant for a lot longer than that.

The 'Basics' are still the 'Basics'

IF ole Chuck still had his wheels he would still be way up in the standings with his "old and outdated" way of doing his thing....

The way the "sport" is practiced today is better but the improvements are still only incremental...IMHO anyway. :cheers:

for everyone that laughs at all us Old shooters like Chuck Taylor, you have to remember that there were no GM shooters waiting around to give you a lesson in the later 70's or even the early 80's...You had to shoot, then analyze your shooting (good or bad) and try to fix what needed fixin'...Chuck was relevant far longer than guys like Chip McCormick, Mike Fitchman, Mike Dalton, Kirk Kirkham, Ron Learch, Tom Campbell and a HOST of other shooters of that time...and I agree with Merlin, if you want to stand and shoot it out with Chuck, good luck...if it wasn't all run and gun now, he could still place at the top of the heap.

You two just like Chuck T. because he has 170,000 round (or whatever) through that G17 of his. :) lol

TL...you make a hell of a point. It's a lot easier to see the path after those before us have beat the bush.

Ya reckon Chuck knows how to shoot that wore out old gun????? :blink:

'

And Yes, that was a rhetorical question...

You two just like Chuck T. because he has 170,000 round (or whatever) through that G17 of his. :) lol

TL...you make a hell of a point. It's a lot easier to see the path after those before us have beat the bush.

You know I am a died in the wool 1911 man, but I just have to smile when I read the first line above...that is a lot of rounds thru one pistol... :rolleyes:

That was an absolutely amazing test, whatever the final round count ended up being. Wonder how the trigger spring managed to keep going with breaking?

That was an absolutely amazing test, whatever the final round count ended up being. Wonder how the trigger spring managed to keep going with breaking?

IIRC that was not a gun test...just used it lots...

Wow! He only had about 15,000 in it when I took the first class with him.... :)

That speaks volumes about your real age.... ;) You know rabbits don't usually live to ancient age...they wear themselves out doing other things....LOL

That speaks volumes about your real age.... ;) You know rabbits don't usually live to ancient age...they wear themselves out doing other things....LOL

Now that you mention it, that might have something to do with why I thought I should learn to use firearms.... :devil: