Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

California now wants to limit ammo to 50 rounds a month

I don't read it the same way, this does not limit the purchase to 50 rounds per month.

Apart from all the new paperwork for the Dept.of Justice and the general hassle for ammunition resellers, this limits the transfer between "non ammunition vendors" to 50 rounds per month.

Right, one ban, two ban, three ban, turning the heat up on the frogs, amend bill, ammo $1 a round. I dont know what

the laws are in Sweden but most competitive shooters here reload and thats the first thing that will go out with ammo registration.

The thing I find most disturbing is none of the Kalifornia shooters mention Microstamping!!! NO MORE RELOADING !!!!

Its not just microstamping the cartridge upon firing from newer model guns, all ammo sold and used is already

serialized and registered at the time of purchase. Do you have a legal microstamp die on your Dillon ???? Well your ammo is not going to be legal then !!! Please correct me if I'm wrong!! When it comes to Microstamping it is so easy to convince the "non" shooting public that it is nessesary and will really help catch criminals even if it doesnt work.

They have tried this piece of legislation before. It never gets anywhere.

Too many people call in opposition and it never moves forward.

Why do they bring it up year after year ? Because it eventually passes. Theres that one year where regular working

people are too busy with their lives or just sick of calling in again and thats it, its Law !!! And you cant change it!!

Some of this legislation seems ridicules and does not make sense but its all very well organized. The end result is not

to register ammo or guns, or keep locks on for child safety, or ration your ammo or guns per month, or even the type

of gun. The end result has always been NO GUNS, but that wont pass so they keep chomping at the bit till they

succeed. As one of my altime favorite Kalifornias D.F. once said," if I could get the votes, it's mr. and mrs. American hand them over".

I'm done ranting now, thanks guys!!

:o

:cheers:

Microstamping is different from encoded ammunition. Microstamping will require NEW guns sold in CA to have microstamping "technology". I guess the guns already out there will be grandfathered. Encoded ammunition is the serialization of bullet and/or cases, most of the bills being introduced require each box of 50 to have same number.