Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pics of Checkered Grips, Titanium Comp etc.

sinnsyk

Here's a close-up of the almost finished checkered grip. The final version will continue further back than the one featured. Also a picture of Rick's new gun with CanyonCreek Titanium comp after my design. Featuring the super-low Barry Mount, very cool. Has a 2.25# tuned trigger.

post-3780-1205973206.jpg

post-3780-1205973216.jpg

post-3780-1205973223.jpg

post-3780-1205973235.jpg

Edited by sinnsyk

Oh, hell yea!!!!! This is my first look at it. Henning, you rock bro'!!

For anyone contemplating ordering a gun (or anything for that matter) from Henning you should absolutely do it. He not only knows his $hit frontwards and backwards on everything Tanfoglio but always took time to talk to me as well as endure enough pestering emails to annoy a monk. Plus I mean....... just look at it!!!

Ms. Neomet just reminded me that it won't keep me warm at night. Don't you worry your pretty little head sweetie!!

Here's a close-up of the almost finished checkered grip. The final version will continue further back than the one featured. Also a picture of Rick's new gun with CanyonCreek Titanium comp after my design. Featuring the super-low Barry Mount, very cool. Has a 2.25# tuned trigger.

Those look GREAT! You have found yourself a damn fine machinist! Now we just need the range report on that comp :closedeyes:

I've seen a comp similar to that somewhere :D Henning, are you going with V-porting with that set-up? Will these comps be produced for sale from the shop? A barrell/comp package will be a good addition to your store. My hats off to you, you have taken the Tanfoglio line of guns to a new level, and are offering products, many of us have wished for many years to exist. Keep up the good work.

post-1046-1206197090.jpg

Edited by Jody Waring

I've seen a comp similar to that somewhere :D Henning, are you going with V-porting with that set-up? Will these comps be produced for sale from the shop? A barrell/comp package will be a good addition to your store. My hats off to you, you have taken the Tanfoglio line of guns to a new level, and are offering products, many of us have wished for many years to exist. Keep up the good work.

do you have more pictures of that gun? really nice :)

Ti comps have proven their effectiveness not only on "1911s/2011s" but also on all the "75s". At the American Handgunner a few years back, Angus used a Ti comp equiped-75 to beat every other design that showed up - and all the big dogs were there.

As a design, its safe to say that the "75" has arrived.

The checkered grips are done, at anodizer so just waiting to get them back. Will ship next week.

;-)

Thats very good news Henning. Is the final version cut back further like you said in your first post ??? Can't hardly wait for my order to arrive ;)

I should have my LC this weekend or next week. Unfortunately,...no slide cuts. Sean from Freedom Ventures just got a shipment in.

SO I am guessing maybe next week the order might be in,....as I ordered the Gold grips.

Henning picked up Gold, Red checkered grips today. Next week should be the Black, Blue, Green on Monday or Tuesday..

Leo

Oke thanks for the info. So probably after next week I will have my order ;) It must be send to The Netherlands, so I must have a little patience.

Edited by TMFAKBFS

I have to say the red and gold look really good. The checkered grips are a thing of beauty. I promise I'll take some pictures of them tomorrow. Both Gold and Red are HOT.

Mo... I've got a Gold-Gold and a light-Gold. I'll take pics of both and you can choose which one you want. Both look really good.

Vesa (in Finland) your red hot checkered grip will be in the mail tomorrow along with your other parts.

Blue, Black and Green seems to be opular choices and I will pick those up on Monday or Tuesday.

In a way I don't think it matters so much what color you pick, they all look really, really good. The checkering is impeccable and the grips cleaned up super-nice after the anodizing. You will all be very, very happy with them.

I've got my first match of the year coming up here in Colorado in a few weeks. My buds Jason and Leo will both be sporting Green grips. My gun is off for IonBond'ing and as soon as it gets back I'll put on a Barry-Mount and the new checkered grips. I'm thinking I'm going to go for the blue grips but so far both the gold and the red are catching my eyes too. Tough to choose, may have to switch out depending on the mood of the day... ;-). For my Gold Team I'm thinking Gold grips is very appropriate, he he

Edited by sinnsyk

whatever is closest to the previous pics of the grips I would assume. Whatever looks more like "Gold",........

"I LIKE GOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!......Mr. Powers!" (in my Goldmember voice LOL)

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Got my LC this weekend....gonna order some longer mag pads...I think the "reload" ones for large frame mags..

The ones that came with it seem to flat for my liking.

Just going over the gun,...polishing what needs polishing.